Lost Wireless on Update - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Lost Wireless on Update - Ubuntu ; Help! I'm running xUbuntu Gutsy on an eeePC 4g with 2 gigs of ram. When Ubuntu updated this morning, it removed my wireless capabilities. The option doesn't exist in "manual configure". Is there any way to uninstall an update? If ...

  1. Lost Wireless on Update

    Help!

    I'm running xUbuntu Gutsy on an eeePC 4g with 2 gigs of ram.

    When Ubuntu updated this morning, it removed my wireless capabilities. The
    option doesn't exist in "manual configure".

    Is there any way to uninstall an update?

    If not, how do I restore the wireless?

    TIA!

  2. Re: Lost Wireless on Update

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:42:06 -0500, Rotata wrote:

    > When Ubuntu updated this morning, it removed my wireless capabilities.
    > The option doesn't exist in "manual configure".
    >
    > Is there any way to uninstall an update?

    What type of wireless hardware are you using? Typing "lspci" (without the
    quotes) at the command line should show you your hardware. Perhaps you
    need to recompile a module that enabled your wireless hardware. I faced a
    similar issue with my Atheros AR5007, whose functionality disappeared
    with each kernel update.

    I am assuming you have a GRUB boot menu. Doesn't your previous kernel
    appear in the list? If it does, boot into that kernel and see if your
    wireless works. If it does you can use that kernel while you learn how to
    get your wireless working with the new kernel. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread