Best version of Linux to run under MS VPC 2007? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Best version of Linux to run under MS VPC 2007? - Ubuntu ; FACE wrote: > I have VMware server, just not installed. > > I am running Win XP Pro and MSVPC and VMPlayer, all top level physical > machine. > > I have VMs under both MSVPC and VMPlayer. > > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 42 of 42

  1. Re: Best version of Linux to run under MS VPC 2007?

    FACE wrote:
    > I have VMware server, just not installed.
    >
    > I am running Win XP Pro and MSVPC and VMPlayer, all top level physical
    > machine.
    >
    > I have VMs under both MSVPC and VMPlayer.
    >
    > Out of all the "All you do is just..." answers I have read, the best and
    > most likely is that MS flat does not have a decent display driver for
    > Linux systems.
    >
    > FACE

    No argument here. I think that MS is doing this kind of thing to make
    other OS's look bad. I am using VMware server since that one is free.
    So far, so good. I am going to have to destroy this Ubuntu in order to
    make a much bigger partition to hold all the stuff I want to run.
    Just one more project.
    Bill

  2. Re: Best version of Linux to run under MS VPC 2007?

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:49:37 -0400, FACE wrote:

    > You are the second one to question this. I did not reply to the first
    > because it was undeserving of reply.
    >
    > You have tried sudo apt-get install xorg gdm xubuntu-desktop from the
    > 7.1 distro?

    No, partly because 7.1 distro does not, and never has existed. Why start
    with a server edition if what you wanted was a desktop edition? I think
    you will find that this is a classic case of PEBKAC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3