Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430 - Ubuntu ; I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista, but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix ...

  1. Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.

    I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work arround?

  2. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:

    > I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    > try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    > but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.

    A "CPU error", huh? Could you be a little more vague, please? Also,
    could you write in 3rd grade English, that 4th grade stuff is very
    confusing.

    > I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    > is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work
    > arround?

    How could anyone possibly know of a "workaround", with the complete lack
    of details you have provided?

    Just stick with Windoze, you ignorant stooge.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dressed up like Santa and grabbed his axe.

  3. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:

    > I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    > try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    > but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.
    >
    > I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    > is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work arround?

    Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  4. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:
    >
    >> I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    >> try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    >> but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.
    >>
    >> I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    >> is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work arround?

    > Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    LOL

  5. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:20:17 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:
    >
    >> I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    >> try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    >> but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.
    >>
    >> I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    >> is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work
    >> arround?

    > Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    It has an X64 Athlon inside.

    #1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
    #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
    #10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
    Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
    COOSN-266-06-25794

  6. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:53:13 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:20:17 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu on my Laptop, but each time I get
    >>> try it will install either through Direct install or run under Vista,
    >>> but each attempt results in a CPU error is there a fix for this.
    >>>
    >>> I have Ubuntu 8.04 on my x64 system but getting it to work on my Laptop
    >>> is impossible, been told its a video issue. Has anyone fond a work
    >>> arround?

    >> Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    > It has an X64 Athlon inside.

    How do you know? Are you Basil?

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  7. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:43:49 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:53:13 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    >> It has an X64 Athlon inside.

    > How do you know? Are you Basil?

    I looked it up on the ****ing internet.

  8. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:43:49 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:

    >>> It has an X64 Athlon inside.
    >>>

    >> How do you know? Are you Basil?
    >>

    > I looked it up on the f__king internet.

    Your ignorance, stupidity and child behavior is showing.

    --
    John

  9. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:41:28 -0500, John F. Morse wrote:

    > Your ignorance, stupidity and child behavior is showing.

    Pot, meet Kettle.

    Your non-compliant signature block demonstrates the first two behaviors in
    your case, and your stubborn refusal to change it, even after it's been
    pointed out to you, demonstrates the "child behavior" for you. Bravo!

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as the antimatter containment vessel ruptured.

  10. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:53:13 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:20:17 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:

    >[...]
    > >>
    > >> Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    > > It has an X64 Athlon inside.

    > How do you know? Are you Basil?

    Since the exact notebook model is supplied in the subject line he probably
    looked it up at Acer or did a web search. In any case he is nearly correct:
    http://theacerblog.is-there.net/acer-aspire-5050-5430/

    * AMD Turion64 x2 1.7GHz dual-core (TK53) processor

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qvng7
    'Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  11. Re: Get Ubuntu 8.04 to run on a Acer Aspire 5050 5430

    Trevor Best wrote:

    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:53:13 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    > > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 08:20:17 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    > >
    > >> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 03:51:37 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:

    [...]
    > >> Tried 32bit version? Maybe your laptop isn't 64bit.

    > > It has an X64 Athlon inside.

    > How do you know? Are you Basil?

    A bit more searching at Acer's web sites dug up some more information on this
    Acer Aspire 5050 notebook series: http://preview.tinyurl.com/y2trev It appears
    all these 5050 models use a Turion 64 processor.

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    blog.eracc.com latest article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5qvng7
    'Mandriva Linux Upgrades from Repositories Using urpmi'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

+ Reply to Thread