Games for 7 Year Old - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Games for 7 Year Old - Ubuntu ; Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me. Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids in this age group? Thanks! *R* *H* -- "For me, prayer is a surge of ...

  1. Games for 7 Year Old

    --
    "For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward
    heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and

  2. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:02:44 +0000, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

    > Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    > Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    > in this age group? Thanks!

    Childsplay may be up her street.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  3. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    > Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    > Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    > in this age group? Thanks!

    MAME and their ROMs.

    --
    @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
    /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04) Linux 2.6.25.8

  4. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    > Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    > Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    > in this age group? Thanks!
    >
    > *R* *H*

    Unreal Tournament

  5. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:02:44 +0000, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

    > Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from
    > me. Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games
    > for kids in this age group? Thanks!
    >
    > *R* *H*

    have you looked at edubuntu?

  6. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    >> Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from
    >> me. Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games
    >> for kids
    >> in this age group? Thanks!
    >>
    >> *R* *H*
    >>

    > Unreal Tournament

    I like this idea!

  7. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:02:44 +0000, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    >
    >> Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from
    >> me. Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games
    >> for kids in this age group? Thanks!
    >>
    >> *R* *H*

    > have you looked at edubuntu?

    Ah, very good point.

  8. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    On 2008-06-23, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    > Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    > Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    > in this age group? Thanks!
    >
    > *R* *H*

    My kids have a lot of fun with:
    * Potato guy (ktuberling).
    * Lbreakout
    * Ltris
    * Armagetron AD (*very* cool lightcycle game - 3>D accel recommended).
    * Frozen Bubble (classic!)
    * Four in a row

    Mvg,
    Tommy
    --
    Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.
    ~ Billy Crystal

  9. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:04:00 +0000, TomB wrote:

    > On 2008-06-23, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    >> Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    >> Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    >> in this age group? Thanks!
    >>
    >> *R* *H*
    >>

    > My kids have a lot of fun with:
    > * Potato guy (ktuberling).
    > * Lbreakout
    > * Ltris
    > * Armagetron AD (*very* cool lightcycle game - 3>D accel recommended).
    > * Frozen Bubble (classic!)
    > * Four in a row

    Monkey Bubble, similar to Frozen bubble I think, but with a Monkey.

    Burgerspace gets my two really going, I ought to post a my daughter
    playing that to youtube, so much screaming you'd think she was playing
    Doom 3.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  10. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    In alt.os.linux.ubuntu, Trevor Best had the audacity to say that:

    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 19:04:00 +0000, TomB wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-06-23, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:
    >>> Hi, the 7 yr old granddaughter of my gf has requested some games from me.
    >>> Can someone offer recommendations for educational/eye candy games for kids
    >>> in this age group? Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> *R* *H*
    >>>

    >> My kids have a lot of fun with:
    >> * Potato guy (ktuberling).
    >> * Lbreakout
    >> * Ltris
    >> * Armagetron AD (*very* cool lightcycle game - 3>D accel recommended).
    >> * Frozen Bubble (classic!)
    >> * Four in a row

    > Monkey Bubble, similar to Frozen bubble I think, but with a Monkey.
    >
    > Burgerspace gets my two really going, I ought to post a my daughter
    > playing that to youtube, so much screaming you'd think she was playing
    > Doom 3.

    Thank's for all the great suggestions.

    I forgot I have frozen bubble somewhere.

    In mean time will dl burgerspace and others mentioned (childsplay looks esp
    promising).

    Best wishes!

    *R* *H*
    --
    "You will have an marvelous journey. And, young as you are, what matter if it
    costs you some pain -- or even a little blood?..."

  11. Re: Games for 7 Year Old

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:59:58 +0000, Rockinghorse Winner wrote:

    > Thank's for all the great suggestions.
    >
    > I forgot I have frozen bubble somewhere.
    >
    > In mean time will dl burgerspace and others mentioned (childsplay looks esp
    > promising).

    I try to get my kids playing the educational ones, hence Childsplay but
    once they saw Extreme Tux Racer that was it for edumacation :-)

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

+ Reply to Thread