Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal. - Ubuntu ; Old Edgy install... I've jacked something up so now if I type a p it launches the Gnome Terminal Help. Terminal is pretty much useless without a p so I'd like to fix it. Suggestions?...

  1. Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal.

    Old Edgy install...
    I've jacked something up so now if I type a p it launches the Gnome
    Terminal Help.
    Terminal is pretty much useless without a p so I'd like to fix it.
    Suggestions?

  2. Re: Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal.

    clay wrote:
    > Old Edgy install...
    > I've jacked something up so now if I type a p it launches the Gnome
    > Terminal Help.
    > Terminal is pretty much useless without a p so I'd like to fix it.
    > Suggestions?

    Um, long shot here -- but maybe, check keyboard shortcuts?

    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:29:19 -0700, clay wrote:

    > Old Edgy install...
    > I've jacked something up so now if I type a p it launches the Gnome
    > Terminal Help.
    > Terminal is pretty much useless without a p so I'd like to fix it.
    > Suggestions?

    man alias

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dropped the razor on his gonads.

  4. Re: Lower case 'p' opens help in terminal.

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > clay wrote:
    >> Old Edgy install...
    >> I've jacked something up so now if I type a p it launches the Gnome
    >> Terminal Help.
    >> Terminal is pretty much useless without a p so I'd like to fix it.
    >> Suggestions?

    > Um, long shot here -- but maybe, check keyboard shortcuts?

    I looked at all the global keyboard shortcuts. Nothing.
    It was pointed out to me that gnome terminal has it's own keyboard
    shortcut settings. That's where I found (and removed) the p.
    Don't know how I managed to set it in the first place but it's solved now.

+ Reply to Thread