I can't deal with these tiny fonts. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on I can't deal with these tiny fonts. - Ubuntu ; On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why ...

  1. I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

  2. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:

    > On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    > are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    > are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    Probably a mis-match between what those (M$-derived) apps are expecting
    to be installed and what you have installed by default. Have you
    installed the ms core fonts package?

  3. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:

    > On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN are
    > the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system are
    > fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts

  4. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:
    >
    >> On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN are
    >> the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system are
    >> fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    > sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts

    Already installed. : /

  5. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    Derek Turner wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:
    >
    >> On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    >> are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    >> are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    > Probably a mis-match between what those (M$-derived) apps are expecting
    > to be installed and what you have installed by default. Have you
    > installed the ms core fonts package?

    Already installed. : /

  6. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:18:37 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:
    >>
    >>> On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    >>> are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    >>> are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    >> sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
    >>

    > Already installed. : /

    This may be of relevance:

    http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthrea...446615/page/0/
    vc/1

    .........and here's the tiny url:

    http://tinyurl.com/4fkc8h

  7. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:18:37 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:
    >>
    >>> On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    >>> are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    >>> are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    >> sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
    >>

    > Already installed. : /

    This one is aMSN related...pre Hardy but maybe applicable:

    http://www.amsn-project.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4202

  8. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 23:18:37 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 08:07:17 -0500, Chris Houser wrote:
    >>
    >>> On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    >>> are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    >>> are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    >> sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
    >>

    > Already installed. : /

    Hmmmm Google Earth fine here. Was that way before I installed the tt core
    fonts. Good luck.

  9. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    Chris Houser schrieb:

    > On some programs all of the fonts are miniscule. Google Earth and aMSN
    > are the two primary ones that stick out. All of the fonts on my system
    > are fine besides those two. Anyone have a clue as to why this is?

    Google Earth:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Set ~/.googleearth/Registry/google/googleearthplus/User/render/guifontfamily
    the font you prefer and
    ~/.googleearth/Registry/google/googleearthplus/User/render/guifontsize to
    the size your prefer.

    aMSN:
    ~~~~
    Install the gtk-qt-engine package or/and change the font settings in the
    aMSN options.

    Martin.
    --
    OS: openSUSE 10.2 (i586)
    Kernel: 2.6.18.8-0.9-default

  10. Re: I can't deal with these tiny fonts.

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:13:37 +0200, Martin Schnitkemper wrote:

    > Google Earth:
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Set
    > ~/.googleearth/Registry/google/googleearthplus/User/render/guifontfamily
    > the font you prefer and
    > ~/.googleearth/Registry/google/googleearthplus/User/render/guifontsize
    > to the size your prefer.
    >
    > aMSN:
    > ~~~~
    > Install the gtk-qt-engine package or/and change the font settings in the
    > aMSN options.
    >
    > Martin.

    Wow, thanks to the OP and to Martin for the answer, I didn't know you
    could change that.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread