My personal bug from hell:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/203537

It seems that the answer is that due to some bugs in various things,
suspend fails because of some memory hole in video card memory or some
other balderdash.

Setting option iommu=soft on the kernel options (kopt) setting,
regenerating menu.lst, and rebooting, makes this bug from hell go
away.

Suspend to RAM still does not work, but I am not really interested.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/