Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu - Ubuntu ; CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > Moog wrote: >> Michael C. illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: >> > ... snip ... >> >>> This is an increasingly common tactic. It is inconvenient to all, >>> but for legit users it is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 81 to 88 of 88

  1. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    CBFalconer illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> Michael C. illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    > ... snip ...
    >>
    >>> This is an increasingly common tactic. It is inconvenient to all,
    >>> but for legit users it is a one time fee.

    >> Absolutely, but you fail to understand that advertising it as
    >> FREE is completely wrong.
    >>
    >> I have no problems with usenet providers charging. If you check
    >> my headers, you can see I use one that does exactly that.

    > Who ever said they ADVERTISE it as free? Yes, I so characterized
    > it. I so consider it.

    I did and they did
    http://www.teranews.com/

    Christ. You bloody well use the service.

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  2. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:53:12 +0000, Moog wrote:

    >> Who ever said they ADVERTISE it as free? Yes, I so characterized
    >> it. I so consider it.

    > I did and they did
    > http://www.teranews.com/
    >
    > Christ. You bloody well use the service.

    Don't forget, he's ignorant, and retarded, as well as being a Win-droid.
    That's three ****ing strikes, and puts him in the "special requirements"
    class of citizenry.

    --
    "Bother!" said Pooh, as the antimatter containment vessel ruptured.

  3. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    CBFalconer wrote:
    > "John F. Morse" wrote:
    >
    > ... snip ...
    >
    >> Have you ever broiled (toasted) an English muffin with a pat of
    >> butter on it, then added some jelly/jam/preserves?
    >>
    >> Maybe some orange marmalade. Even plain sugar and cinnamon. Mmmmm.
    >>

    > An excellent treatment for diabetes!

    Mine is borderline. Treatable by diet.

    So I never eat more than four at one sitting. ;-)

    --
    John

  4. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:53:12 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >>> Who ever said they ADVERTISE it as free? Yes, I so characterized
    >>> it. I so consider it.

    >> I did and they did
    >> http://www.teranews.com/
    >>
    >> Christ. You bloody well use the service.

    > Don't forget, he's ignorant, and retarded, as well as being a Win-droid.
    > That's three ****ing strikes, and puts him in the "special requirements"
    > class of citizenry.

    It is becoming more and more apparent that he's labouring in a huge rut
    and is refusing to use the step ladder that people are willing to hand
    to him.

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  5. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 14:26:06 +0000, SINNER wrote:

    >> New Hampshire charges disgusting fees for short trips on its
    >> highways. For example, the principal link between Massachusetts
    >> and Maine (Rte 95) is about 12 Miles, and the toll is $1.50. The
    >> alternative is Rte 1, which hasn't been upgraded since about 1920.

    > Thats disgusting?
    >
    > http://www.mta.info/bandt/traffic/btmain.htm
    >
    > The Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, all of 2 miles, costs $10 but you only pay
    > going ON to Staten Island, the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel is $5 in each
    > direction. I get a kick out of people that bitch about tolls. Here in
    > Dallas it works like the Garden State Parkway in Jersey but a bit more
    > expensive, about 0.70 per toll every few miles.

    Severn Crossing (both bridges M4 and M48) charge 5.30 but only one way.
    It costs to go to Wales but it's free to go to England, probably a ploy to
    keep the pesky English out of Wales.

    By contrast, the Darford Crossing (river Thames, London) costs a measly
    1 each way.

    And out pathetic tag systems mean you have to stop at the toll booth as
    well instead of having 2 EZTag lanes where you blast through at 70MPH like
    tollways over there.

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  6. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:51:41 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I did and they did
    >>> http://www.teranews.com/
    >>>
    >>> Christ. You bloody well use the service.

    >> Don't forget, he's ignorant, and retarded, as well as being a Win-droid.
    >> That's three ****ing strikes, and puts him in the "special requirements"
    >> class of citizenry.

    > It is becoming more and more apparent that he's labouring in a huge rut
    > and is refusing to use the step ladder that people are willing to hand
    > to him.

    Hey Moog, have you heard of Windows Vista? It's a *free* operating system
    from Microsoft, you pay a one time fee up front and then use it as much as
    you like, best of all, it's free!

    --
    trevor@leoben:~$ telnet mordor
    telnet: could not resolve mordor/telnet: One does not simply telnet into mordor!

  7. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:51:41 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Dan C illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Don't forget, he's ignorant, and retarded, as well as being a Win-droid.
    >>> That's three ****ing strikes, and puts him in the "special requirements"
    >>> class of citizenry.

    >> It is becoming more and more apparent that he's labouring in a huge rut
    >> and is refusing to use the step ladder that people are willing to hand
    >> to him.

    > Hey Moog, have you heard of Windows Vista? It's a *free* operating system
    > from Microsoft, you pay a one time fee up front and then use it as much as
    > you like, best of all, it's free!

    Heh.

    And you know that "Bread"?

    Well, I just gained a nice crusty Warburtons loaf. Yeah, it cost £1.22,
    but it's *free* to eat it. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  8. Re: Are there any free news servers that carry alt.os.linux.ubuntu

    * Mike McGinn wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > I grew up on Staten Island,

    Ditto.

    > and I remember going with my father to Fort
    > Wadsworth and watching that bridge get built. The original deal was
    > that the tolls were only supposed to be in place until the bonds that
    > were sold to pay for the bridge were paid off. Then at some point the
    > MTA started getting the bridge revenue and all bets - and deals were
    > off.

    Yup, typical of the government.

    > It gets pricey when I go to Staten Island to visis my mother and
    > sisters. The ferry is a great deal though. When I was going to
    > Stuyvesant it was a nickel each way. I suppose it being free is a bone
    > they tossed Staten Island to make up for the tolls and the double
    > transit fares.

    Yeah, residents get a deal if they use an easypass also, although, not
    much in the scheme of things. I lived 3 blocks from the ferry and used to
    commute up to dey/fulton street for work, Free ride and a short walk up
    broadway. Since moved far away.

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread