Good news for Linux. - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Good news for Linux. - Ubuntu ; On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:49:38 +0000, Canuck57 wrote: > Before some clown hits me for posting this in XP, I run XP and Linux. Bugger off, Win-droid. > Good one too. But at least XP is old enough now ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 123

Thread: Good news for Linux.

  1. Re: Good news for Linux.

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:49:38 +0000, Canuck57 wrote:

    > Before some clown hits me for posting this in XP, I run XP and Linux.


    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    > Good one too. But at least XP is old enough now to be semi-stable.


    If you're willing to view "semi-stable" as acceptable (which you obviously
    do), then I guess it's OK. Right?


    --
    "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org


  2. Re: Good news for Linux.



    "Canuck57" wrote in message
    news:ZQx4k.7636$Jx.7586@pd7urf1no...
    >
    > "dennis@home" wrote in message


    8<

    >> I still think its you, not that you can't do it but that you have never
    >> tried and just make it up.

    >
    > I never said it was hard, but not as easy as Ubuntu perhaps. And Ubuntu
    > is ready for prime time.
    >


    You troll all over the vista groups telling everyone how you can't get vista
    to work.
    They care about as much as people here care BTW.


  3. Re: Good news for Linux.

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:07:23 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

    > "Canuck57" wrote in message
    > news:ZQx4k.7636$Jx.7586@pd7urf1no...
    >>
    >> "dennis@home" wrote in message

    >
    > 8<
    >
    >>> I still think its you, not that you can't do it but that you have
    >>> never tried and just make it up.

    >>
    >> I never said it was hard, but not as easy as Ubuntu perhaps. And
    >> Ubuntu is ready for prime time.
    >>
    >>

    > You troll all over the vista groups telling everyone how you can't get
    > vista to work.
    > They care about as much as people here care BTW.


    Ah, my new pet troll following me around.

    Vista booted right off, I didn't need to install. OEM supplied. But
    research indicates I am far from alone and all vendors, HP, Dell, Aspire,
    Lenovo and others have the same issues with Vista. The problems I am
    having are well known. Even the MS-Intel admins where I work are staying
    clear of Vista.

    Copies disk to disk and disk to/from the network like a constipated
    snail. Never crashed once actually.

    When Microsoft fixes it, and I suspect they will not or cannot, I will
    stop the harping. But I will continue to harp back at Linux bashers and
    those spreading MS-FUD.

    There is more Linux out there than Microsoft wants you to know.

    ---------
    MS-Windows for boys, X-Windows for men.

  4. Re: Good news for Linux.

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:55:47 -0500, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:49:38 +0000, Canuck57 wrote:
    >
    >> Before some clown hits me for posting this in XP, I run XP and Linux.

    >
    > Bugger off, Win-droid.
    >
    >> Good one too. But at least XP is old enough now to be semi-stable.

    >
    > If you're willing to view "semi-stable" as acceptable (which you
    > obviously do), then I guess it's OK. Right?


    Me, a Win-droid - you don't know me too well do you. LOL.

    Yes, I have 2 desktops, one Ubuntu/Fedora/Vista triple boot. The other
    XP with VMWare and Solaris Linux. Although I rarely boot Vista.

    Unfortunately I am stuck having on having one MS-Windows box, I have 1
    client that only supports XP. But the others, they have support for
    Linux. So I bounce from one to the other frequently.

    Vista just is a waste of time.


  5. Re: Good news for Linux.

    * dennis@home wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > You troll all over the vista groups telling everyone how you can't get
    > vista to work.


    PKB, this is the exact reason you say you started trolling in here. You
    didnt get an answer to a question (or not one you liked) and you never
    left.

    Payback is for Trolls.

    --
    David

  6. Re: Good news for Linux.



    "SINNER" wrote in message
    news:Xns9ABC9AC0AD1F3louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130...
    > * dennis@home wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> You troll all over the vista groups telling everyone how you can't get
    >> vista to work.

    >
    > PKB, this is the exact reason you say you started trolling in here. You
    > didnt get an answer to a question (or not one you liked) and you never
    > left.


    Wrong as usual.
    He doesn't want a solution and has never asked for one.
    He is like you a troll.


  7. Re: Good news for Linux.

    On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:49:38 +0000, Canuck57 wrote:

    > Before some clown hits me for posting this in XP, I run XP and Linux.
    > Depends which machine I am using.


    Good on ya.....nobody should call anyone down for utilizing whatever OS
    they happen to run!

    > Bet Microsoft is going to release
    > XP-Classic, like Coke did.


    NOW that is an interesting thought....I was quite surprised when Coke
    bowed to public pressure....will be keeping an eye open to see what MS
    does. ;-)


  8. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Alias wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> WhoKnew wrote:
    >>>> "Bill" wrote in message
    >>>> news:dza4k.6453$ZE5.5796@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
    >>>>> This could be great news for the Linux community as that might be
    >>>>> the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    >>>>> Bill Baka
    >>>>
    >>>> Why? Vista is miles ahead of linsux.
    >>>
    >>> Yet you're posting from XP.

    >>
    >> Read the message code and header and you will see that I am, in fact,
    >> in Ubuntu right now and don't post from Winsux (your language, not mine).

    >
    > I wasn't replying to you.
    >
    >>>
    >>>> You linsuckians will never work together long enough to ever make a
    >>>> dent in the computer world. And .6% isn't a dent. What a fool you are.
    >>>
    >>> No, chum, you're the fool. Now shouldn't you be updating your AV,
    >>> anti malware apps and doing a defrag?
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> Yawn, flame wars again.
    >> Bill Baka

    >
    > Yawn, Bill doesn't know who replies to him again.
    >
    > Alias


    I have neither the time or patience to save the original post and go
    through everything just to please some people.
    Sorry,
    Bill Baka

  9. Re: Good news for Linux.

    John F. Morse wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> WhoKnew wrote:
    >>>> "Bill" wrote in message
    >>>> news:dza4k.6453$ZE5.5796@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
    >>>>> This could be great news for the Linux community as that might be
    >>>>> the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    >>>>> Bill Baka
    >>>>
    >>>> Why? Vista is miles ahead of linsux.
    >>>
    >>> Yet you're posting from XP.

    >>
    >> Read the message code and header and you will see that I am, in fact,
    >> in Ubuntu right now and don't post from Winsux (your language, not mine).

    >
    >
    > The "fact" is: you didn't read the message carefully, and then assumed
    > incorrectly that Alias replied his message to you, when it actually was
    > a reply to WhoKnew.
    >
    >
    >>>> You linsuckians will never work together long enough to ever make a
    >>>> dent in the computer world. And .6% isn't a dent. What a fool you are.
    >>>
    >>> No, chum, you're the fool. Now shouldn't you be updating your AV,
    >>> anti malware apps and doing a defrag?
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> Yawn, flame wars again.

    >
    >
    > Then I'd suggest you not pour flammable words when it is obvious you
    > made a boo-boo.
    >
    >

    It's easy to make a boo-boo in Thunderbird for some reason or another.
    Bill Baka

  10. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Canuck57 wrote:
    >
    > Bill, it is most likely the sucker depends on Linux for something already.
    > Some common ones could be a PDA, cell phone, Internet gateway, WAP,
    > dishwasher or something.
    >
    > Met a MS salesman pandering Vista and slashing Linux once. Side stepped the
    > conversation to find out he ran wireless at home and had only one laptop
    > running Vista.
    >
    > I reminded him at the end of the meeting he runs more instances of Linux
    > than Vista. He said how so? I said your cell phone (noticing the brand)
    > and your Linksys WAP run Linux.
    >
    >

    2 points+ for you deflating his pitch and probably M$ ego.
    Bill baka

  11. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Bill wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> Alias wrote:
    >>>> WhoKnew wrote:
    >>>>> "Bill" wrote in message
    >>>>> news:dza4k.6453$ZE5.5796@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
    >>>>>> This could be great news for the Linux community as that might be
    >>>>>> the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    >>>>>> Bill Baka
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why? Vista is miles ahead of linsux.
    >>>>
    >>>> Yet you're posting from XP.
    >>>
    >>> Read the message code and header and you will see that I am, in fact,
    >>> in Ubuntu right now and don't post from Winsux (your language, not
    >>> mine).

    >>
    >> I wasn't replying to you.
    >>
    >>>>
    >>>>> You linsuckians will never work together long enough to ever make a
    >>>>> dent in the computer world. And .6% isn't a dent. What a fool you are.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, chum, you're the fool. Now shouldn't you be updating your AV,
    >>>> anti malware apps and doing a defrag?
    >>>>
    >>>> Alias
    >>>
    >>> Yawn, flame wars again.
    >>> Bill Baka

    >>
    >> Yawn, Bill doesn't know who replies to him again.
    >>
    >> Alias

    >
    > I have neither the time or patience to save the original post and go
    > through everything just to please some people.
    > Sorry,
    > Bill Baka


    Then look like a fool, then, see if I care. The proper thing, Bill, when
    you make a mistake is to admit it, not try and cover it up with
    bull****. You can look at this very post and see you made a mistake. You
    were replying to WhoKnew, not me.

    Alias

  12. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Bill wrote:
    > John F. Morse wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> Alias wrote:
    >>>> WhoKnew wrote:
    >>>>> "Bill" wrote in message
    >>>>> news:dza4k.6453$ZE5.5796@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...
    >>>>>> This could be great news for the Linux community as that might be
    >>>>>> the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
    >>>>>> Bill Baka
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Why? Vista is miles ahead of linsux.
    >>>>
    >>>> Yet you're posting from XP.
    >>>
    >>> Read the message code and header and you will see that I am, in fact,
    >>> in Ubuntu right now and don't post from Winsux (your language, not
    >>> mine).

    >>
    >>
    >> The "fact" is: you didn't read the message carefully, and then assumed
    >> incorrectly that Alias replied his message to you, when it actually
    >> was a reply to WhoKnew.
    >>
    >>
    >>>>> You linsuckians will never work together long enough to ever make a
    >>>>> dent in the computer world. And .6% isn't a dent. What a fool you are.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, chum, you're the fool. Now shouldn't you be updating your AV,
    >>>> anti malware apps and doing a defrag?
    >>>>
    >>>> Alias
    >>>
    >>> Yawn, flame wars again.

    >>
    >>
    >> Then I'd suggest you not pour flammable words when it is obvious you
    >> made a boo-boo.
    >>
    >>

    > It's easy to make a boo-boo in Thunderbird for some reason or another.
    > Bill Baka


    Now you blame it on Thunderbird. What a putz. I use Thunderbird and
    don't have a problem knowing to whom I am replying.

    Alias

  13. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Alias wrote:
    > Now you blame it on Thunderbird. What a putz. I use Thunderbird and
    > don't have a problem knowing to whom I am replying.


    I use Thunderbird, and I do, because I take the time
    to snip a little. And then I may lose track, because a
    dozen predecessors didn't take the time.

    When I'm not sure I haven't messed up a attribution,
    I remove all of them.

    --
    Wes Groleau
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ^ A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent ^
    ^ of a black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets ^
    ^ surrounding a quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like ^
    ^ Heinlein or Dr. Who. ^
    ^ -- Chris Maeda ^
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  14. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Alias wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> I have neither the time or patience to save the original post and go
    >> through everything just to please some people.
    >> Sorry,
    >> Bill Baka

    >
    > Then look like a fool, then, see if I care. The proper thing, Bill, when
    > you make a mistake is to admit it, not try and cover it up with
    > bull****. You can look at this very post and see you made a mistake. You
    > were replying to WhoKnew, not me.
    >
    > Alias

    Since you are such a ****ing genius (in your own mind) how is your
    threading set up? Mine is with HTML and after about 4 replies it gets to
    be a mess. As I said, I don't have time to please assholes like you.
    Posting from XP while doing a huge virus scan, so I am stuck here until
    all 3 of my virus programs chew through about 150GB of accumulated stuff.
    Bill Baka

  15. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Now you blame it on Thunderbird. What a putz. I use Thunderbird and
    >> don't have a problem knowing to whom I am replying.

    >
    > I use Thunderbird, and I do, because I take the time
    > to snip a little. And then I may lose track, because a
    > dozen predecessors didn't take the time.
    >
    > When I'm not sure I haven't messed up a attribution,
    > I remove all of them.
    >

    My point exactly. I try to snip one poster at a time but it isn't that
    easy to keep track and since I am only human mistakes do occur. Of
    course there is always some jerk ready to pounce.
    Bill Baka

  16. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Bill wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> I have neither the time or patience to save the original post and go
    >>> through everything just to please some people.
    >>> Sorry,
    >>> Bill Baka

    >>
    >> Then look like a fool, then, see if I care. The proper thing, Bill,
    >> when you make a mistake is to admit it, not try and cover it up with
    >> bull****. You can look at this very post and see you made a mistake.
    >> You were replying to WhoKnew, not me.
    >>
    >> Alias

    > Since you are such a ****ing genius (in your own mind) how is your
    > threading set up?


    Actually, according to my IQ test, I am a genius. That and one euro
    twenty will get me on any bus in Spain.

    > Mine is with HTML


    Mine is set up in plain text and the View is set up to view unread
    threads only.

    > and after about 4 replies it gets to
    > be a mess.


    And the reason you're crying to me about your inability to configure
    Thunderbird is?

    > As I said, I don't have time to please assholes like you.


    I'm not asking to be pleased. I am asking you to admit you made a
    mistake so we can both move on.

    > Posting from XP while doing a huge virus scan, so I am stuck here until
    > all 3 of my virus programs chew through about 150GB of accumulated stuff.
    > Bill Baka


    Excuses, excuses, excuses.

    Alias

  17. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Bill wrote:
    > Wes Groleau wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> Now you blame it on Thunderbird. What a putz. I use Thunderbird and
    >>> don't have a problem knowing to whom I am replying.

    >>
    >> I use Thunderbird, and I do, because I take the time
    >> to snip a little. And then I may lose track, because a
    >> dozen predecessors didn't take the time.
    >>
    >> When I'm not sure I haven't messed up a attribution,
    >> I remove all of them.
    >>

    > My point exactly. I try to snip one poster at a time but it isn't that
    > easy to keep track and since I am only human mistakes do occur. Of
    > course there is always some jerk ready to pounce.
    > Bill Baka


    In this case you snipped nothing and replied to WhoKnew as if he or she
    was me. You can admit your mistake and we can move on or you can keep
    making up excuses and reveal what a fool you are. Your choice.

    Alias

  18. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Alias wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> Bill wrote:
    >>>> I have neither the time or patience to save the original post and go
    >>>> through everything just to please some people.
    >>>> Sorry,
    >>>> Bill Baka
    >>>
    >>> Then look like a fool, then, see if I care. The proper thing, Bill,
    >>> when you make a mistake is to admit it, not try and cover it up with
    >>> bull****. You can look at this very post and see you made a mistake.
    >>> You were replying to WhoKnew, not me.
    >>>
    >>> Alias

    >> Since you are such a ****ing genius (in your own mind) how is your
    >> threading set up?

    >
    > Actually, according to my IQ test, I am a genius. That and one euro
    > twenty will get me on any bus in Spain.
    >
    >> Mine is with HTML

    >
    > Mine is set up in plain text and the View is set up to view unread
    > threads only.
    >
    >> and after about 4 replies it gets to be a mess.

    >
    > And the reason you're crying to me about your inability to configure
    > Thunderbird is?
    >
    >> As I said, I don't have time to please assholes like you.

    >
    > I'm not asking to be pleased. I am asking you to admit you made a
    > mistake so we can both move on.
    >
    >> Posting from XP while doing a huge virus scan, so I am stuck here
    >> until all 3 of my virus programs chew through about 150GB of
    >> accumulated stuff.
    >> Bill Baka

    >
    > Excuses, excuses, excuses.
    >
    > Alias


    Hardly an inability. I use this thing for Winders stuff too.
    Bill

  19. Re: Good news for Linux.

    Alias wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> Wes Groleau wrote:
    >>> Alias wrote:
    >>>> Now you blame it on Thunderbird. What a putz. I use Thunderbird and
    >>>> don't have a problem knowing to whom I am replying.
    >>>
    >>> I use Thunderbird, and I do, because I take the time
    >>> to snip a little. And then I may lose track, because a
    >>> dozen predecessors didn't take the time.
    >>>
    >>> When I'm not sure I haven't messed up a attribution,
    >>> I remove all of them.
    >>>

    >> My point exactly. I try to snip one poster at a time but it isn't that
    >> easy to keep track and since I am only human mistakes do occur. Of
    >> course there is always some jerk ready to pounce.
    >> Bill Baka

    >
    > In this case you snipped nothing and replied to WhoKnew as if he or she
    > was me. You can admit your mistake and we can move on or you can keep
    > making up excuses and reveal what a fool you are. Your choice.
    >
    > Alias


    I'm no fool, just intolerant of people who want to beat an honest
    mistake into the ground. This group is NOT my life.
    Bill Baka

  20. Re: Good news for Linux.

    On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:17:53 -0700, Bill wrote:

    > Since you are such a ****ing genius (in your own mind) how is your
    > threading set up? Mine is with HTML and after about 4 replies it gets to
    > be a mess. As I said, I don't have time to please assholes like you.
    > Posting from XP while doing a huge virus scan, so I am stuck here until
    > all 3 of my virus programs chew through about 150GB of accumulated stuff.


    LOL!!! What a ****ing wanker.

    Free clue, dip****: Use a real newsreader that actually does threading,
    and you wouldn't have the problem of replying to the wrong poster. What a
    ****ing moron.


    --
    "Ubuntu" -- an African word, meaning "Slackware is too hard for me".
    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.
    The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast