Vista users. Why bother to answer them? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Vista users. Why bother to answer them? - Ubuntu ; Ed Edelenbos wrote: > "Bill" wrote in message > news:hTw3k.7714$xZ.1262@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... >> Bill Baka (healthy body, healthy mind (good blood flow to brain)) > > Before or after medication? > > Have a nice day, Bunky. > > Ed > > ...

  1. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    > "Bill" wrote in message
    >> Bill Baka (healthy body, healthy mind (good blood flow to brain))

    > Before or after medication?
    >
    > Have a nice day, Bunky.
    >
    > Ed

    Ed,
    You are hopeless.
    Bill

  2. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Bill" wrote in message
    > Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    >> "Bill" wrote in message
    >>> Bill Baka (healthy body, healthy mind (good blood flow to brain))

    >> Before or after medication?
    >>
    >> Have a nice day, Bunky.
    >>
    >> Ed

    > Ed,
    > You are hopeless.
    > Bill

    LOL. Keep trying. You may find someone who wants to listen. I do hope you
    get the help you need before the evil empire breaks down your door and
    forces you to buy another computer. You may have good blood flow to the
    brain but just remember... thoughts that last more than 4 hours may be a
    sign of serious problems. You may be well off seeking professional help.

    Ed

  3. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    Ed Edelenbos wrote:
    > "Bill" wrote in message
    >> Ed,
    >> You are hopeless.
    >> Bill

    > LOL. Keep trying. You may find someone who wants to listen. I do hope you
    > get the help you need before the evil empire breaks down your door and
    > forces you to buy another computer. You may have good blood flow to the
    > brain but just remember... thoughts that last more than 4 hours may be a
    > sign of serious problems. You may be well off seeking professional help.
    >
    > Ed

    Is that a requirement for not agreeing with you? I support AMD and
    Linux. Without competition from AMD do you think Intel would be making
    the high performance chips we have today? A monopoly is bad news,
    especially when the operating system is used world wide.
    Bill

  4. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    > dennis@home wrote:
    >> Who actually turns their windows computer off rather than just
    >> suspending/hibernating it?

    Why would I want to hibernate the Windoze laptop the
    company makes me use when waking up takes just as long
    as booting up?

    >> Who even exits from word and other applications when starting another?

    Why would I want to hibernate if I want to keep a document open?
    "Windows cannot hibernate because there is
    a file open on a server, Neener, neener"

    --
    Wes Groleau
    "Ideas are more powerful than guns,

  5. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    Bill wrote:
    > I wasn't trying to imply that. My sister bought a laptop with XP on it
    > and while she is very intelligent, she is also 73 and not inclined to
    > mess with something like crossing over to Linux.

    My parents purchased their first computer with XP in their 70s.

    They have survived three years with it, but after that experience,
    they'd probably answer any other suggestion with "Why not? Can't
    be any worse, can it?"

    I've used 95, 98, and ME, so I could answer, "Yes, it can"
    But I won't. :-)

    --
    Wes Groleau

    You're all individuals!
    Yes, we're all individuals!
    You're all different!
    Yes, we are all different!
    I'm not!

    ("Life of Brian")

  6. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    Wes Groleau wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> I wasn't trying to imply that. My sister bought a laptop with XP on it
    >> and while she is very intelligent, she is also 73 and not inclined to
    >> mess with something like crossing over to Linux.

    > My parents purchased their first computer with XP in their 70s.
    >
    > They have survived three years with it, but after that experience,
    > they'd probably answer any other suggestion with "Why not? Can't
    > be any worse, can it?"
    >
    > I've used 95, 98, and ME, so I could answer, "Yes, it can"
    > But I won't. :-)

    95 was flat out the worst thing Microsoft has ever done.
    98 and ME were built on top of it and it was built on DOS guts.
    My sister is a browse-aholic, and happy with that.
    Bill Baka

  7. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Wes Groleau" wrote in message
    >> dennis@home wrote:
    >>> Who actually turns their windows computer off rather than just
    >>> suspending/hibernating it?

    > Why would I want to hibernate the Windoze laptop the
    > company makes me use when waking up takes just as long
    > as booting up?

    Get it fixed then.
    It takes about 10 seconds to restore my notebook to its previous state from
    hibernation, much less from suspend (quicker if I didn't have it asking for
    passwords).

    >>> Who even exits from word and other applications when starting another?

    > Why would I want to hibernate if I want to keep a document open?
    > "Windows cannot hibernate because there is
    > a file open on a server, Neener, neener"

    So windows is clever enough to know that a stateful connection exists and
    protects you from being an idiot, sounds like its doing its job.

  8. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    > Bill wrote:
    >> I wasn't trying to imply that. My sister bought a laptop with XP on it
    >> and while she is very intelligent, she is also 73 and not inclined to
    >> mess with something like crossing over to Linux.

    > My parents purchased their first computer with XP in their 70s.

    My father got his vista notebook when he was 87.
    He uses it a lot, even if its only for simple things.

    Linux wouldn't be much use as I can't find much in the way of software that
    actually helps an 87 yo with cataracts to be able to use a computer.

    > They have survived three years with it, but after that experience,
    > they'd probably answer any other suggestion with "Why not? Can't
    > be any worse, can it?"
    >
    > I've used 95, 98, and ME, so I could answer, "Yes, it can"
    > But I won't. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Wes Groleau
    >
    > You're all individuals!
    > Yes, we're all individuals!
    > You're all different!
    > Yes, we are all different!
    > I'm not!
    >
    > ("Life of Brian")

  9. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    dennis@home illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > Linux wouldn't be much use as I can't find much in the way of software that
    > actually helps an 87 yo with cataracts to be able to use a computer.

    Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    cateracts use in Windows?

    IMHO, the accesibility tools in Windows are bloody awful.

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  10. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Moog" wrote in message
    > dennis@home illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >

    >> Linux wouldn't be much use as I can't find much in the way of software
    >> that
    >> actually helps an 87 yo with cataracts to be able to use a computer.

    > Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    > cateracts use in Windows?
    >
    > IMHO, the accesibility tools in Windows are bloody awful.

    I don't really know, I didn't provide them.

    What I am doing is putting a camera on the ceiling pointing down at the
    table so he can put anything on the table on a 32" screen.

    He is due for an op soon if he can have it, he has heart failure too so its
    not just a routine op.

  11. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    In <6b9kbnF390658U1@mid.individual.net> Moog:

    [Snip...]

    > Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    > cateracts use in Windows?

    Our widdle wintroll "dennis" could not care less. With the wintards, it's
    all about dissembling and misdirection, of course. Vista's a stinker, and
    M$ toyware is under siege pretty much everywhere except with PHB's.

    > IMHO, the accesibility tools in Windows are bloody awful.

    Yeah, and that doesn't even consider physically disabled persons.

    I toss GoogleGroup posts from gitgo (http://improve-usenet.org).

  12. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Bill" wrote in message
    >I just read a post by a user whose first line said he was using Vista HP.
    >Why even bother to answer someone so obviously stupid?
    > Yes, I said Vista users are STUPID, and I actually meant it.
    > I'm busy saving my data and getting rid of any and all applications that
    > can be done in Linux, especially Ubuntu. Once that is done, my XP home
    > will just be a non-internet shell for a few bitchy CAD programs.
    > Again,
    > Vista users who actually admit it top (almost) my stupid list.
    > Advice==sudo apt-get brains.
    > Bill Baka

    But you are just as stupid. You just posted about Vista in a linsux group
    you f*cking moron.

  13. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:52:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

    >> Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    >> cateracts use in Windows?

    > I don't really know, I didn't provide them.

    In other words, your story is complete bull****.

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  14. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    WhoKnew wrote:
    > But you are just as stupid. You just posted about Vista in a linsux group
    > you f*cking moron.

    I see your daily dose of 'Asshole' pills are working.

  15. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:02:14 -0500, Harold Stevens wrote:

    > In <6b9kbnF390658U1@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    >> cateracts use in Windows?

    > Our widdle wintroll "dennis" could not care less. With the wintards, it's
    > all about dissembling and misdirection, of course. Vista's a stinker, and
    > M$ toyware is under siege pretty much everywhere except with PHB's.
    >
    >> IMHO, the accesibility tools in Windows are bloody awful.

    > Yeah, and that doesn't even consider physically disabled persons.

    Or able bodied persons eating a sandwich.

    --
    Q: Want to lower petrol prices?
    A: Easy, just boycott BP & Esso

  16. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Dan C" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.06.11.13.14.08.201729@moria2.lan...
    > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:52:55 +0100, dennis@home wrote:
    >
    >>> Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    >>> cateracts use in Windows?

    >> I don't really know, I didn't provide them.

    > In other words, your story is complete bull****.
    >
    > Bugger off, Win-droid.

    Sod off if you can't contribute something useful.

  17. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Harold Stevens" wrote in message
    > In <6b9kbnF390658U1@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> Just as a matter of interest, what software *does* am 87yo with
    >> cateracts use in Windows?

    > Our widdle wintroll "dennis" could not care less. With the wintards, it's
    > all about dissembling and misdirection, of course. Vista's a stinker, and
    > M$ toyware is under siege pretty much everywhere except with PHB's.

    Its you that is misdirecting.

    >> IMHO, the accesibility tools in Windows are bloody awful.

    > Yeah, and that doesn't even consider physically disabled persons.

    If you can't contribute anything useful why are you answering?

  18. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:55:00 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

    > "Dan C" wrote in message
    > newsan.2008.06.11.13.14.08.201729@moria2.lan...

    >>> I don't really know, I didn't provide them.

    >> In other words, your story is complete bull****.
    >>
    >> Bugger off, Win-droid.

    > Sod off if you can't contribute something useful.

    He did have a point, you slated Linux for lack of software for someone
    partially blind and seemed to favour Windows for that but could not
    elaborate on it. So it would appear your original statement was unfounded.

    --
    Q: Want to lower petrol prices?
    A: Easy, just boycott BP & Esso

  19. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    In Trevor Best:

    [Snip...]

    > So it would appear your original statement was unfounded

    As a wintroll "dennis" rarely offers anything but unfounded trash talk. It
    belongs exclusively in cola, along with pals Flatfish, Frank, etc.

    I toss GoogleGroup posts from gitgo (http://improve-usenet.org).

  20. Re: Vista users. Why bother to answer them?

    "Trevor Best" wrote in message
    newsan.2008.06.11.19.22.06.476943@besty.org.uk...
    > On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:55:00 +0100, dennis@home wrote:
    >

    >> "Dan C" wrote in message
    >> newsan.2008.06.11.13.14.08.201729@moria2.lan...

    >>> In other words, your story is complete bull****.
    >>>
    >>> Bugger off, Win-droid.

    >> Sod off if you can't contribute something useful.

    > He did have a point, you slated Linux for lack of software for someone
    > partially blind and seemed to favour Windows

    No I did not!
    You really are an idiot.

    I said *I* couldn't find anything, that is not knocking linux.
    You should get a life or bugger off.

    > for that but could not
    > elaborate on it. So it would appear your original statement was unfounded.

    It is perfectly sound you may be too stupid to understand what is said but
    that is your fault.

    > --
    > Q: Want to lower petrol prices?
    > A: Easy, just boycott BP & Esso

    You can't even get that simple thing right.
    If everyone tries to buy from independents the price will sky rocket as
    there won't be enough to go around.
    And the independents will just buy it from BP and Esso as they do now.
    All you do is close a load of outlets and make it less competitive.
    Just as well nobody is going to listen.