claws-mail calendar import question - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on claws-mail calendar import question - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here. Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I have been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on. -- ================================================= Franz Fripplfrappl...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: claws-mail calendar import question

  1. claws-mail calendar import question

    Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I have
    been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.





    --

    =================================================
    Franz Fripplfrappl

  2. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    franz fripplfrappl wrote:

    > Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar?


    This sez http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php vCalendar by Colin
    eroy -- Description: This plugin enables vCalendar message handling like
    that produced by Evolution or Outlook, and handles webCal subscriptions.
    It provides a personal calendar and public calendar import and export.

    > I have
    > been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.


    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/4721 Long Description -
    For use with Thunderbird, this extension requires the installation of the
    Lightning calendar extension, -- This extension adds "vCalendar (*.vcs)"
    to the import and export dialogs of Thunderbird with Lightning and Sunbird
    which will export a selected calendar to a file in the vCalendar format,
    suitable for reading by many mobile devices.

    --
    Mike Easter


  3. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.


    Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.

    We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before
    long?
    (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that>
    ;-)

    > Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I have
    > been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.


    This page any use?
    http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  4. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:46:25 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar?

    >
    > This sez http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php vCalendar by Colin eroy
    > -- Description: This plugin enables vCalendar message handling like that
    > produced by Evolution or Outlook, and handles webCal subscriptions. It
    > provides a personal calendar and public calendar import and export.
    >
    >> I have
    >> been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.

    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/4721 Long Description -
    > For use with Thunderbird, this extension requires the installation of
    > the Lightning calendar extension, -- This extension adds "vCalendar
    > (*.vcs)" to the import and export dialogs of Thunderbird with Lightning
    > and Sunbird which will export a selected calendar to a file in the
    > vCalendar format, suitable for reading by many mobile devices.


    Thanks. I still haven't found a way to import into claws-mail vcalendar.



    --

    =================================================
    Franz Fripplfrappl

  5. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:50:53 +0000, Moog wrote:

    > franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    >
    > Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >
    > We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before long?
    > (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that> ;-)
    >
    >> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I
    >> have been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.

    >
    > This page any use?
    > http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads


    Thanks. I'll be more careful. Some readers get bent out of shape over
    the slightest flaw in others.



    --

    =================================================
    Franz Fripplfrappl

  6. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:46:25 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >
    >> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar?

    >
    > This sez http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php vCalendar by Colin eroy
    > -- Description: This plugin enables vCalendar message handling like that
    > produced by Evolution or Outlook, and handles webCal subscriptions. It
    > provides a personal calendar and public calendar import and export.
    >
    >> I have
    >> been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.

    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/sunbird/addon/4721 Long Description -
    > For use with Thunderbird, this extension requires the installation of
    > the Lightning calendar extension, -- This extension adds "vCalendar
    > (*.vcs)" to the import and export dialogs of Thunderbird with Lightning
    > and Sunbird which will export a selected calendar to a file in the
    > vCalendar format, suitable for reading by many mobile devices.


    First link failed.



    --

    =================================================
    Franz Fripplfrappl

  7. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:50:53 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    >>
    >> Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >>
    >> We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before long?
    >> (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that> ;-)
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I
    >>> have been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.

    >>
    >> This page any use?
    >> http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

    >
    > Thanks. I'll be more careful. Some readers get bent out of shape over
    > the slightest flaw in others.


    Absolutely. They're certainly related to the "keyboard warrior" of
    old.

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  8. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:59:23 +0000, franz fripplfrappl wrote:

    > On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:50:53 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    >>
    >> Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >>
    >> We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before
    >> long? (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that> ;-)
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar? I
    >>> have been using Thunderbird Lightning add-on.

    >>
    >> This page any use?
    >> http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

    >
    > Thanks. I'll be more careful. Some readers get bent out of shape over
    > the slightest flaw in others.




    By the way, thanks for all your help and ideas, not only to my questions
    but also to those of others.

    --

    =================================================
    Franz Fripplfrappl

  9. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:


    > By the way, thanks for all your help and ideas, not only to my questions
    > but also to those of others.


    Hey. No problem whatsoever, Franz.

    I love this Ubuntu community. It's given my compuitng experience fresh
    vigour and my knowledge is expanding daily.

    Thank you very much for your kind words. I really am glad to have
    helped, at least somewhere.

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  10. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    Moog wrote:
    > franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    >
    > Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >
    > We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before
    > long?
    > (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that>
    > ;-)



    I wouldn't dream of doing that before its time. Hopefully many remember
    my asking for majority support first, which I got. A small number of
    objectors acted so foolishly that I disregard their opinions.


    ---
    ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
    ||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., ||
    ||Arnoldo VIKTORO, Nov-jorkurbo, t. e., ||
    ||Remove capital letters from e-mail address for correct address/ ||
    || Forigu majusklajn literojn el e-poŝta adreso por ĝusta adreso ||
    ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
    NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
    Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice.
    They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have
    no recourse or protection.

  11. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    arvimide@earthlink.net illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.

    >>
    >> Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >>
    >> We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before
    >> long?
    >> (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that>
    >> ;-)

    >
    >
    > I wouldn't dream of doing that before its time. Hopefully many remember
    > my asking for majority support first, which I got. A small number of
    > objectors acted so foolishly that I disregard their opinions.


    You missed the winky smiley thing.

    And, Oh. Your sig-delimiter is borken. It should be "-- " (dash - dash -
    space)

    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  12. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> franz fripplfrappl wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to import a calendar into claws-mail vcalendar?

    >>
    >> This sez http://www.claws-mail.org/plugins.php vCalendar by Colin eroy
    >> -- Description: This plugin enables vCalendar message handling like
    >> that produced by Evolution or Outlook, and handles webCal
    >> subscriptions. It provides a personal calendar and public calendar
    >> import and export.


    > First link failed.


    It works for me, as does the 'more information' link found there
    http://www.claws-mail.org/plugin.php?plugin=vcalendar or
    http://snipr.com/2ecln The vCalendar plugin

    .... which has 5 vcalendar screenshots.

    You can also get there by starting at the claws-mail front page and
    clicking the 'extra plugins' link on that page.

    --
    Mike Easter


  13. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    Moog wrote:
    > arvimide@earthlink.net


    > And, Oh. Your sig-delimiter is borken. It should be "-- " (dash - dash -
    > space)


    The sig delimiter and just about everything else about a sig is a
    netiquette issue.

    Along those lines, arvimide's signature block content is completely
    noncompliant from a netquette perspective. There are a number of places
    which provide sig netiquette guidelines, such as....

    http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/signatur.html What are the restrictions
    for a proper signature? - Yet Another View

    - No more than four lines. Occasionally called the "4-line McQuary
    limit".
    - Use "-- " as the beginning marker.

    --
    Mike Easter



  14. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    Mike Easter illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >> arvimide@earthlink.net

    >
    >> And, Oh. Your sig-delimiter is borken. It should be "-- " (dash - dash -
    >> space)

    >
    > The sig delimiter and just about everything else about a sig is a
    > netiquette issue.
    >
    > Along those lines, arvimide's signature block content is completely
    > noncompliant from a netquette perspective. There are a number of places
    > which provide sig netiquette guidelines, such as....
    >
    > http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/signatur.html What are the restrictions
    > for a proper signature? - Yet Another View
    >
    > - No more than four lines. Occasionally called the "4-line McQuary
    > limit".
    > - Use "-- " as the beginning marker.


    Since you metinoed that...*absolutely*

    Although I was taking the "one step at a time", "softly softly"
    approach.


    --
    Moog

    “Are you going to come quietly, or do I have to use earplugs?”

  15. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    Moog wrote:
    > Mike Easter


    >> Along those lines, arvimide's signature block content is completely
    >> noncompliant from a netquette perspective.


    > Since you metinoed that...*absolutely*
    >
    > Although I was taking the "one step at a time", "softly softly"
    > approach.


    That must be why I ruffle so many feathers about people thinking that when
    I give my opinion about something usenet that I am being a nettkopp.

    I just come right out and express my opinion without dressing it up with
    all kinds of window-dressing like 'in my every so humble and self-effacing
    opinion...'

    Naturally what I say is my opinion. Whose else would it be?


    --
    Mike Easter


  16. Re: claws-mail calendar import question

    Moog wrote:
    > arvimide@earthlink.net illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>> franz fripplfrappl illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>>> Ubuntu 8.1 with latest updates here.
    >>> Franz dude. You misspelled either 8.10 or 8.04.
    >>>
    >>> We'll have some santimonious twit posting a "Weekly Repost" before
    >>> long?
    >>> (Hopefully some of you DON'T remember that>
    >>> ;-)

    >>
    >> I wouldn't dream of doing that before its time. Hopefully many remember
    >> my asking for majority support first, which I got. A small number of
    >> objectors acted so foolishly that I disregard their opinions.

    >
    > You missed the winky smiley thing.
    >
    > And, Oh. Your sig-delimiter is borken. It should be "-- " (dash - dash -
    > space)
    >



    My computer developed a hard disk problem, which required
    hospitalization and amputation of its Ubuntu partition, so I used a
    year-old computer with problems I forgot about after replacing it a year
    ago. Now that I am back with my regular computer, hopefully the
    delimiter is restored, and I will continue ignoring other aspects of
    non-compulsory netiquette as usual. Ubuntu will return sometime next
    week, after more pressing updates and upgrades are accomplished.


    --
    ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
    ||Arnold VICTOR, New York City, i. e., ||
    ||Arnoldo VIKTORO, Nov-jorkurbo, t. e., ||
    ||Remove capital letters from e-mail address for correct address/ ||
    || Forigu majusklajn literojn el e-po\uc0\u349 ta adreso por \u285
    usta adreso ||
    ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=== ==+=====+=====+====++
    NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security
    Agency may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice.
    They may do this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You
    have no recourse or protection.

+ Reply to Thread