Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver - Ubuntu ; Why, in Ubuntu 8.04, should the ndiswrapper say "Invalid Driver" when the very same driver in Mandriva with Ndiswrapper works? What am I missing?...

  1. Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver

    Why, in Ubuntu 8.04, should the ndiswrapper say "Invalid Driver" when the
    very same driver in Mandriva with Ndiswrapper works?

    What am I missing?

  2. Re: Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver

    arnold wrote:
    > Why, in Ubuntu 8.04, should the ndiswrapper say "Invalid Driver" when
    > the very same driver in Mandriva with Ndiswrapper works?
    >
    > What am I missing?

    So, do you think ndiswrapper is complaining about the windriver?

    I think I would start by R&Ring the ndiswrapper. Synaptic search on
    ndiswrapper and maybe remove and replace or reinstall the one called
    ndiswrapper-utils.

    Or, maybe for a first instead I would figure out some kind of way to do it
    with one eye closed or left handed to try to eliminate some problem with
    pbtkb personbehindthekeyboard fault.

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > pbtkb personbehindthekeyboard fault.

    OSI level 8?

  4. Re: Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> pbtkb personbehindthekeyboard fault.

    > OSI level 8?

    I had to do a little research on that to 'get it'. As a result of my
    research, according to this reference article (proposal) it would be
    called OSI 9 instead of 8.

    http://www.andrewpatrick.ca/OSI/10layer.html A Human Factors Extension
    to the Seven-Layer OSI Reference Model - HCI (Human-Computer
    Interaction) - THE HCI LAYERS - Layer 8 represents that aspect of the
    hardware, software, and interfaces that a user experiences. - HCI Layer 9:
    Human Performance - Layer 9 captures the information processing features
    and limitations of users.

    --
    Mike Easter

  5. Re: Ndiswrapper-Invalid Driver

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Cork Soaker wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>
    >>> pbtkb personbehindthekeyboard fault.

    >> OSI level 8?

    > I had to do a little research on that to 'get it'. As a result of my
    > research, according to this reference article (proposal) it would be
    > called OSI 9 instead of 8.
    >
    > http://www.andrewpatrick.ca/OSI/10layer.html A Human Factors Extension
    > to the Seven-Layer OSI Reference Model - HCI (Human-Computer
    > Interaction) - THE HCI LAYERS - Layer 8 represents that aspect of the
    > hardware, software, and interfaces that a user experiences. - HCI Layer 9:
    > Human Performance - Layer 9 captures the information processing features
    > and limitations of users.

    Ah well, if they're just going to make things up! :-P

+ Reply to Thread