Article - FedEx.com Says “Not You” to LinuxUsers? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Article - FedEx.com Says “Not You” to LinuxUsers? - Ubuntu ; (Followup-to is set to comp.os.linux.misc) I think these large corporations like FedEx should start migrating away from the idea that there are only two players on the computing desktop, Apple and Microsoft. We sent a message to foxnews.com about their ...

  1. Article - FedEx.com Says “Not You” to LinuxUsers?

    (Followup-to is set to comp.os.linux.misc)

    I think these large corporations like FedEx should start migrating away from
    the idea that there are only two players on the computing desktop, Apple and
    Microsoft. We sent a message to foxnews.com about their video page not working
    with Linux and they were receptive to fixing the problems on their site that
    blocked Linux users. I think we should do the same with FedEx:

    FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?
    http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/27/fed...o-linux-users/

    Gene (e-mail: usenet0 \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    My latest Blog article: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6nkhsq
    'FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?'
    Got Rute? http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-25465...sbn=0130333514
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/
    Preloaded PCs - eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare

  2. Re: Article - FedEx.com Says =!iso-8859-1!Q!=E2=80=9CNot_You=E2=80=9D!= to Linux Users?

    In <20080527183835.42a883a3@eracc.UUCP>, on Tue, 27 May 2008 18:38:35
    -0500, ERACC, junkmail@eracc.com wrote:
    (Followup ignored. If it's important enough to
    crosspost, it's important enough to cross-reply)

    > I think these large corporations like FedEx should start migrating away from
    > the idea that there are only two players on the computing desktop, Apple and
    > Microsoft.

    I've been using Linux and FreeBSD with FedEx for at
    least 5 or 6 years with minimal problems... certainly
    no more problems than any Windoze user would have.

    > We sent a message to foxnews.com about their video page not working
    > with Linux and they were receptive to fixing the problems on their site that
    > blocked Linux users. I think we should do the same with FedEx:

    Why? They're not blocking Linux users.

    > FedEx.com Says “Not You” to Linux Users?

    No. Their site has a very slightly updated look
    and feel lately, but it still works just fine for me.
    If you had a problem, was it just a bug, or was it
    intentional on FedEx's part to exclude a certain subset
    of their customer base? Think man, think.

    > http://blog.eracc.com/2008/05/27/fed...o-linux-users/

    The file name is just plain BS.

    FedEx obviously isn't blocking Linux/FreeBSD users
    as Fox was, so I judge the above as simply a lame ploy
    to drive viewers to your obviously lame blog. If what
    you have to say is important enough to link to on
    Usenet, one would think it would be important enough
    to put more than just inaccurate teasers (like those oh
    so large and bad corporations do in *their*
    advertising.)

    And, BTW, Claws must REALLY suck, even more than OE!
    First of all, you've got 8859-1 characters in your
    subject line (where only 7-bit characters should be,
    and then you've got Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
    for the article body.

+ Reply to Thread