upgrading from KDE 4.03 to 4.04 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on upgrading from KDE 4.03 to 4.04 - Ubuntu ; I recently downloaded and installed Kubuntu 8.04 4.0 Remix version. I noticed KDE 4.04 just came out. I followed the instruction and it "supposedly" downloaded all the upgrades. BUT when I click on the about pull down it tells me ...

  1. upgrading from KDE 4.03 to 4.04

    I recently downloaded and installed Kubuntu 8.04 4.0 Remix version.

    I noticed KDE 4.04 just came out. I followed the instruction and it
    "supposedly" downloaded all the upgrades.

    BUT when I click on the about pull down it tells me I am still running 4.03.

    Did I forgot to do something?

    Thanks for any help.

    -HP

  2. Re: upgrading from KDE 4.03 to 4.04

    HP Garcia wrote:

    > I noticed KDE 4.04 just came out. I followed the instruction and it
    > "supposedly" downloaded all the upgrades.

    almost a month ;-)
    http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0.4.php

    http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.0.4.php
    --