Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...) - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...) - Ubuntu ; I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to think over what I was saying, then clicked the send ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

  1. Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    the save button.

  2. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Todd wrote:
    > I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    > inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    > think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    > the save button.

    No harm done. Welcome to the group, Todd.

    Alias

  3. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:00:08 -0700, Todd wrote:

    > I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    > inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    > think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    > the save button.

    You really are stupid. I thought it was just an act, at first.

    Bugger off, Win-droid.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  4. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:00:08 -0700, Todd wrote:

    > I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    > inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    > think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    > the save button.

    Doesn't matter as the assholes in this news group make a lot of people
    feel the way you do. I have no problems calling an asshole an asshole, you
    shouldn't either as they do know who they are.

  5. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Todd wrote:
    > I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    > inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    > think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    > the save button.

    Don't worry about it, Todd. I saw nothing offensive in it. Just a
    question on a subject that is obviously bothering you to some extent.

    I hope my two-cent answer addresses some of the issues with solutions
    you could put to good use.

    As for your question of getting rid of a message that has been sent....
    Sometimes you can cancel a newsgroup message, but many news servers
    don't allow canceling via control messages because some bad guys try to
    cancel every message on USENET! They shut off the ability to cancel.

    So if you can figure out how to cancel in Agent, then you never know
    which servers will ignore the control cancel message, and which will
    honor it and remove the message from their spool.

    My advice is to go ahead and cancel a message, and hope there aren't too
    many servers configured to ignore -- and that a message doesn't upset
    anyone.

    I doubt if this one does, but it probably will bait the flamers who will
    crawl out from under their rocks and tell you to bugger off, etc. Just
    ignore them, even killfiling them if necessary.

    --
    John

  6. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Mon, 26 May 2008 16:00:08 -0700, Todd wrote:
    >
    >> I was going to as I wrote it, but it decided it seemed a little too
    >> inflammatory, so I decided to save it until after I had a chance to
    >> think over what I was saying, then clicked the send button rather than
    >> the save button.

    > Doesn't matter as the assholes in this news group make a lot of people
    > feel the way you do. I have no problems calling an asshole an asshole, you
    > shouldn't either as they do know who they are.

    Dan C is high on the asshole list as he just seems to pop up and call
    people a win-droid at random. We have all hit the wrong button at some
    time or another.
    Peace, love, all that 60's stuff.
    Bill Baka

  7. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:18:34 -0700, Bill wrote:

    >> Doesn't matter as the assholes in this news group make a lot of people
    >> feel the way you do. I have no problems calling an asshole an asshole, you
    >> shouldn't either as they do know who they are.

    > Dan C is high on the asshole list as he just seems to pop up and call
    > people a win-droid at random.

    Nothing "random" about it, n00b. I call lusers "win-droids" because they
    use Windoze in a Linux newsgroup.

    Like you, for example. A drooling, ignorant Win-droid.

    > We have all hit the wrong button at some time or another.

    I haven't.

    > Peace, love, all that 60's stuff.

    **** off, Win-droid. Go troll the Windoze groups.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  8. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 16:18:34 -0700, Bill wrote:
    >
    >>> Doesn't matter as the assholes in this news group make a lot of people
    >>> feel the way you do. I have no problems calling an asshole an asshole, you
    >>> shouldn't either as they do know who they are.

    >> Dan C is high on the asshole list as he just seems to pop up and call
    >> people a win-droid at random.

    > Nothing "random" about it, n00b. I call lusers "win-droids" because they
    > use Windoze in a Linux newsgroup.

    > Like you, for example. A drooling, ignorant Win-droid.

    I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    Now you're the friggin idiot full of ****. Never, huh? Suuure.

    >> Peace, love, all that 60's stuff.

    > **** off, Win-droid. Go troll the Windoze groups.

    I hear your mommie yelling, "Keep going, farther, farther.".
    And your dad "Get a job".

    The kind of teenager who needs to meet some seriously pissed of Hell's
    Angels. Tell them to **** off, in person.

    Live short and don't prosper. (The anti-Spock).

  9. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Bill wrote:

    > I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    > main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    "main mail"? Do you mean you need Windows for compatibility with the
    email from Windows users? Hmnph. Their email clients won't care a whit
    what you use to send, or read, mail. Neither will yours.

    --
    -bts
    -but 40tude runs Fine in Wine

  10. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 03:15:30 -0700, Bill wrote:

    >> Like you, for example. A drooling, ignorant Win-droid.

    > I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    > main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually use
    a real newsreader, you might realize that.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  11. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >> I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    >> main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    > "main mail"? Do you mean you need Windows for compatibility with the
    > email from Windows users? Hmnph. Their email clients won't care a whit
    > what you use to send, or read, mail. Neither will yours.

    Hmnph?
    Duh! I know this. My sister keeps sending me things with every kind of
    attachment you can think of. Flash, Real media (which I hate), Blue
    Mountain E-cards, and a lot of stuff I don't want on my experimental
    installs since I keep changing things around. She just turned 73 this
    month and even though she is very intelligent and could learn she is now
    an Internet junkie and would rather surf than change.
    As for the mail clients, I just use FF and TB because the interface is
    the same. ****, HTML or text is the same no matter what, so I don't
    really care.
    Beyond that, all my engineering mail comes through assuming I am using
    Windows, except for the Linux weekly update from a magazine.
    Point here is....I don't need to work anymore so I only do things when
    someone I know in Silicon Valley asks me to do something for them,
    usually involving a windows CAD program. On good days I am outside
    running or bicycling, not sitting at the computer. I have grandkids to
    keep up with.
    Bill (60 going on 25) Baka

  12. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 May 2008 03:15:30 -0700, Bill wrote:

    >>> Like you, for example. A drooling, ignorant Win-droid.

    >> I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    >> main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    > See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually use
    > a real newsreader, you might realize that.

    I'm now in Ubuntu for this group, so YOU can shut the FK up about
    win-droid. Dimwit? Idiot. I'm overqualified for MENSA. Mostly retired
    but bored, so if I bug YOU, then yay for me.
    So what do YOU think is a real newsreader, Pan?
    I could learn the keystrokes, but why, to pacify you and your linear,
    tunnel vision with blinders on, brain?
    Not worth the trouble.
    Bill Baka

  13. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Bill wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep
    >>> my main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    >> "main mail"? Do you mean you need Windows for compatibility with
    >> the email from Windows users? Hmnph. Their email clients won't care
    >> a whit what you use to send, or read, mail. Neither will yours.
    >>

    > Hmnph?

    "Harrumph!" Better?

    > Duh! I know this. My sister keeps sending me things with every
    > kind of attachment you can think of. Flash, Real media (which I
    > hate), Blue Mountain E-cards, and a lot of stuff I don't want on my
    > experimental installs since I keep changing things around. She just
    > turned 73 this month and even though she is very intelligent and
    > could learn she is now an Internet junkie and would rather surf than
    > change.

    So .. that tells me you need Internet Exploder and Outhouse Distress to
    read all the things your sister sends you, eh? Do you really read it?
    When I get crap like that from my 84 year old uncle - who uses
    Incredimail to make things worse - I just hit the Delete key.

    > As for the mail clients, I just use FF and TB because the interface is
    > the same. ****, HTML or text is the same no matter what, so I don't
    > really care.

    OIC. I use Tbird as well for mail. But Flash/Real/E-card crap goes
    right to the bit bucket.

    > .. I have grandkids to keep up with.
    > Bill (60 going on 25) Baka

    Me too, youngster.

    --
    -bts

  14. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    * Bill wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Dan C wrote:

    >>> I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep
    >>> my main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    >> See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually
    >> use a real newsreader, you might realize that.
    >>

    > I'm now in Ubuntu for this group, so YOU can shut the FK up about
    > win-droid. Dimwit? Idiot. I'm overqualified for MENSA. Mostly retired
    > but bored, so if I bug YOU, then yay for me.
    > So what do YOU think is a real newsreader, Pan?

    Pan? nah, slrn, now that's a newsreader.

    BTW, if you must be a heathen, slrn will let you use a mouse...

    --
    David

  15. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 12:16:54 -0700, Bill wrote:

    >>> I could boot Ubuntu or Suse or Solaris and post but I have to keep my
    >>> main mail on Windows for communication with 'normal' people.

    >> See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually use
    >> a real newsreader, you might realize that.

    > I'm now in Ubuntu for this group, so YOU can shut the FK up about
    > win-droid.

    You're still a win-droid, since you use it for nearly everything you do on
    a computer.

    > Dimwit? Idiot. I'm overqualified for MENSA.

    Sure you are. Aren't we all?

    > So what do YOU think is a real newsreader, Pan?

    Yes, that's one of several.

    > I could learn the keystrokes, but why, to pacify you and your linear,
    > tunnel vision with blinders on, brain?

    No, to have a better Usenet experience, for yourself.

    > Not worth the trouble.

    Your call, win-droid.

    Now filtering out all posts originating from Google Groups.

  16. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> "main mail"? Do you mean you need Windows for compatibility with
    >>> the email from Windows users? Hmnph. Their email clients won't care
    >>> a whit what you use to send, or read, mail. Neither will yours.
    >>>

    >> Hmnph?

    > "Harrumph!" Better?

    Yeah, much.

    >> Duh! I know this. My sister keeps sending me things with every
    >> kind of attachment you can think of. Flash, Real media (which I
    >> hate), Blue Mountain E-cards, and a lot of stuff I don't want on my
    >> experimental installs since I keep changing things around. She just
    >> turned 73 this month and even though she is very intelligent and
    >> could learn she is now an Internet junkie and would rather surf than
    >> change.

    > So .. that tells me you need Internet Exploder and Outhouse Distress to
    > read all the things your sister sends you, eh? Do you really read it?
    > When I get crap like that from my 84 year old uncle - who uses
    > Incredimail to make things worse - I just hit the Delete key.

    Nah, she sends me good stuff, lots of animal pictures and cutesy things
    but she keeps sending me those damned 'Blue Mountain' animated cards.
    I disabled Outhouse and only use IE because MickeySoft will only do
    updates that way. The bastards make it a PITA to download updates with
    FF, Opera, or even Avant.
    BTW, I said she was my sister, not my aunt, and definitely not stupid.
    She and I both are health freaks and workout every day, both physically
    and mentally.

    >> As for the mail clients, I just use FF and TB because the interface is
    >> the same. ****, HTML or text is the same no matter what, so I don't
    >> really care.

    > OIC. I use Tbird as well for mail. But Flash/Real/E-card crap goes
    > right to the bit bucket.
    >
    >> .. I have grandkids to keep up with.
    >> Bill (60 going on 25) Baka

    > Me too, youngster.

    Heh. I am about to become a great grandfather thanks to my 22 year old
    grandson.
    Now, back to my sci-fi PDF.
    Bill Baka

  17. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    SINNER wrote:
    > * Bill wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:
    >
    >> Dan C wrote:

    >>> See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually
    >>> use a real newsreader, you might realize that.
    >>>

    >> I'm now in Ubuntu for this group, so YOU can shut the FK up about
    >> win-droid. Dimwit? Idiot. I'm overqualified for MENSA. Mostly retired
    >> but bored, so if I bug YOU, then yay for me.
    >> So what do YOU think is a real newsreader, Pan?

    > Pan? nah, slrn, now that's a newsreader.
    >
    > BTW, if you must be a heathen, slrn will let you use a mouse...

    Slrn, huh? No mouse needed since I can type over 100 WPM when I need to.
    I took a real typing class in high school in 1965-66. The jocks all
    thought I was gay until I pointed out the fact that I was the only male
    in an otherwise all girl class and I had more phone numbers than them.
    Crazy like a fox.
    Bill Baka

  18. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Dan C wrote:

    >>> See? Ignorance. This isn't "mail", dimwit. If you were to actually use
    >>> a real newsreader, you might realize that.

    >> I'm now in Ubuntu for this group, so YOU can shut the FK up about
    >> win-droid.

    > You're still a win-droid, since you use it for nearly everything you do on
    > a computer.

    When Linux is able to run all the CAD programs I need then I can lose
    windows, but guess who the companies write the code for, and it isn't
    Linux. I did see that Mathlab now has a Linux version but it isn't cheap.

    >> Dimwit? Idiot. I'm overqualified for MENSA.

    > Sure you are. Aren't we all?

    Sorry, but it is true. The reasons I didn't join are that I hate having
    to go to meetings, and the one I did go to gave me a whole new
    perspective on the meaning of 'Nerd'. Besides, a recruiter told me to
    never put that on a resume because some managers are afraid to hire
    someone who can run circles around them.

    >> So what do YOU think is a real newsreader, Pan?

    > Yes, that's one of several.

    I just popped into Pan and it is dead assed simple to use, so I might
    use it for a while, then move on to another.

    >> I could learn the keystrokes, but why, to pacify you and your linear,
    >> tunnel vision with blinders on, brain?

    > No, to have a better Usenet experience, for yourself.

    I don't live on Usenet and can't manage an orgasm over the experience.

    >> Not worth the trouble.

    > Your call, win-droid.

    Cut that out. The companies I have worked for are the 'droids', not me.
    Bill.

  19. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    Bill wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> Duh! I know this. My sister keeps sending me things with every kind
    >>> of attachment you can think of. Flash, Real media (which I hate),
    >>> Blue Mountain E-cards, and a lot of stuff I don't want on my
    >>> experimental installs since I keep changing things around. She just
    >>> turned 73 this month and even though she is very intelligent and
    >>> could learn she is now an Internet junkie and would rather surf
    >>> than change.

    >> So .. that tells me you need Internet Exploder and Outhouse Distress
    >> to read all the things your sister sends you, eh? Do you really read
    >> it? When I get crap like that from my 84 year old uncle - who uses
    >> Incredimail to make things worse - I just hit the Delete key.

    > Nah, she sends me good stuff, lots of animal pictures and cutesy
    > things but she keeps sending me those damned 'Blue Mountain' animated
    > cards.

    I usually reply to the card senders with "Thanks for the sentiment, but
    please don't send any more of those."

    > I disabled Outhouse and only use IE because MickeySoft will
    > only do updates that way. The bastards make it a PITA to download
    > updates with FF, Opera, or even Avant.

    Before I stopped using Windows (Win2K), I got updates just fine without
    ever using IE. The update manager popped an icon in the Systray and said
    updates were ready to download. Click it and go.

    > BTW, I said she was my sister, not my aunt, and definitely not stupid.
    > She and I both are health freaks and workout every day, both physically
    > and mentally.

    Right, I said "your sister" but "my uncle." None of us are health nuts.
    I try to convince my doctor that motorcycle riding is exercise.

    >>> .. I have grandkids to keep up with.
    >>> Bill (60 going on 25) Baka

    >> Me too, youngster.
    >>

    > Heh. I am about to become a great grandfather thanks to my 22 year old
    > grandson.

    Aha. My grandbabies are only four years, and eight weeks. I started
    late.

    > Now, back to my sci-fi PDF.

    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

    --
    -bts

  20. Re: Whoops, didn't mean to send that... (what do you call...)

    **** off, Slack-droid. Go troll the slackware groups.

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast