Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu - Ubuntu ; On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:23:20 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote: >> So you prefer a Linux distribution that locks up, freezes and causes the >> user endless hours of frustration then. > > Simple statement of fact: Facts and Linux ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 08:23:20 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

    >> So you prefer a Linux distribution that locks up, freezes and causes the
    >> user endless hours of frustration then.

    > Simple statement of fact:

    Facts and Linux advocates are mutually exclusive.

    > * We already put up with it in Windows *
    > Haven't you heard of a BSOD ?

    Heard of?
    Yes.
    Experienced?
    Once or twice when I had a bad DIMM and a sick hdisk.

    > If you haven't seen one, you're one of the few who hasn't, so please
    > stop trying to get a FREE product you hate working, and leave it to
    > people who are (typically) using and coding it for free - and are
    > happy to put up with what *you* think is instability but may not be an
    > issue for 99% of the population.

    Linux sucks for the desktop.
    The applications for the most part look, act and perform like amateur
    software.
    The help systems stink.
    The support for newly released hardware is marginal at best.
    The integration with popular hand held multimedia devices is a cluster****.
    .........and so forth.

    Now add in the obvious instability problems the latest versions of Ubuntu
    and Fedora 9 seem to be suffering from, and Linux turns out to be a huge
    stinker.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    > Now add in the obvious instability problems...

    That you suffer from...

    Go away - please - you claim to have no interest, but spend an
    inordinate amount of time either using it, blaming it, refuting it, or
    otherwise defaming it.

    Perhaps if you spent as much time bothering to read the MAN pages
    (yes, they're not particularly friendly, they were written by geeks)
    than posting how horrid they are, you'd have a working stable system
    you could be proud of.

    May I ask - are you on any medication ? (I suspect you have at very
    least a form of obsessive compulsive disorder)

  3. Re: [News] Puppy Linux Team Takes Lessons from Ubuntu

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 23:06:20 +0100, Colin Wilson wrote:

    >> Now add in the obvious instability problems...

    > That you suffer from...
    >
    > Go away - please - you claim to have no interest, but spend an inordinate
    > amount of time either using it, blaming it, refuting it, or otherwise
    > defaming it.
    >
    > Perhaps if you spent as much time bothering to read the MAN pages (yes,
    > they're not particularly friendly, they were written by geeks) than
    > posting how horrid they are, you'd have a working stable system you could
    > be proud of.
    >
    > May I ask - are you on any medication ? (I suspect you have at very least
    > a form of obsessive compulsive disorder)

    Pretty close. "Moshe Goldfarbe" aka Flatfish:

    Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
    This message was sent from a
    computer which is guaranteed
    100% free of the M$ Windoze virus.