Missing Wine Application menu entry - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Missing Wine Application menu entry - Ubuntu ; Using Ubuntu 8.04 with Gnome. When I add Wine via Add/Remove... I do not get the Wine menu in the application menu. I was there once but I removed wine so I could start again and install the latest version, ...

  1. Missing Wine Application menu entry

    Using Ubuntu 8.04 with Gnome.

    When I add Wine via Add/Remove... I do not get the Wine menu in the
    application menu.

    I was there once but I removed wine so I could start again and install
    the latest version, now the menu is no longer created.

    How do I get the menu back?

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be Un Limited - OS:Ubuntu 8.04)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

  2. Re: Missing Wine Application menu entry

    Annie R J Brion wrote:
    > Using Ubuntu 8.04 with Gnome.
    >
    > When I add Wine via Add/Remove... I do not get the Wine menu in the
    > application menu.
    >
    > I was there once but I removed wine so I could start again and install
    > the latest version, now the menu is no longer created.
    >
    > How do I get the menu back?

    No worry I found the correct search phrase to enter into Google and
    found the answer here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=650738

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be Un Limited - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread