This is in regards to my laptop lockups with hardy.

AMD64 version.

I had another one today when playing a movie about WWII with mplayer.

It locked up solid and was not responsive to any mouse and
keyboard. As I was on train, I had no means to ping it from outside.

While locked up, a fraction of a second sound fragment of the movie
was continuously repeating.

Since I had time, I waited about 2 minutes and magically, the laptop
returned back to life. I was very surprised and, now, suspect that my
previous lockup was of the same nature.

I wonder if it has anything to do with "dynticks".

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/