streamtuner - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on streamtuner - Ubuntu ; Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise. (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with ...

  1. streamtuner

    Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    fine. What am I missing?

    Mouse

  2. Re: streamtuner

    Mouse wrote:
    > Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    > wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    > association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    > (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    > fine. What am I missing?
    >
    > Mouse

    Try using Audacious. It's in Synaptic.

    Alias

  3. Re: streamtuner

    Mouse wrote:
    > Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    > wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    > association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    > (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    > fine. What am I missing?
    >
    > Mouse

    Works fine to rhythmbox, but it only puts the url into the 'radio'
    section. You select this to play the stream. Don't know about xmms asd I
    have never used it.

  4. Re: streamtuner

    Mouse wrote:
    > Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    > wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    > association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    > (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    > fine. What am I missing?
    >
    > Mouse

    Works fine to rhythmbox, but it only puts the url into the 'radio'
    section. You select this to play the stream. Don't know about xmms as I
    have never used it.

  5. Re: streamtuner

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:05:07 -0400, Mouse wrote:

    > Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    > wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    > association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    > (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    > fine. What am I missing?
    >
    > Mouse

    I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Gutsy--XMMS quit working. XMMS2
    didn't work either. I switched to Audacious which performs similarly.
    you can get the skins and equalizer files from Winamp.

    Audacious is in synaptic as Alias has said.

    Once you get Audacious, open Streamtuner | edit | preferences |
    applications. Then edit the line for 'Listen to a stream' to read:
    audacious %q

    keep the space between audacious and %q

    Cheers,

    Coffeeman

  6. Re: streamtuner

    Coffeeman wrote:
    > On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:05:07 -0400, Mouse wrote:
    >
    >> Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    >> wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    >> association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    >> (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    >> fine. What am I missing?
    >>
    >> Mouse

    > I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Gutsy--XMMS quit working. XMMS2
    > didn't work either. I switched to Audacious which performs similarly.
    > you can get the skins and equalizer files from Winamp.
    >
    > Audacious is in synaptic as Alias has said.
    >
    > Once you get Audacious, open Streamtuner | edit | preferences |
    > applications. Then edit the line for 'Listen to a stream' to read:
    > audacious %q
    >
    > keep the space between audacious and %q
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Coffeeman

    Thank you so much. I'll give it a try.
    Mouse

  7. Re: streamtuner

    Mouse wrote:
    > Coffeeman wrote:
    >> On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:05:07 -0400, Mouse wrote:
    >>
    >>> Got a new computer, HH 8.04 fresh install, downloaded Streamtuner, it
    >>> wants xmms. I found and downloaded xmms2, changed the application
    >>> association in preferences to "xmms2 %q" but nothing happens audio-wise.
    >>> (It no longer asks for xmms.) Streamripper works with the program just
    >>> fine. What am I missing?
    >>>
    >>> Mouse

    >> I had a similar issue when I upgraded to Gutsy--XMMS quit working.
    >> XMMS2 didn't work either. I switched to Audacious which performs
    >> similarly. you can get the skins and equalizer files from Winamp.
    >>
    >> Audacious is in synaptic as Alias has said.
    >>
    >> Once you get Audacious, open Streamtuner | edit | preferences |
    >> applications. Then edit the line for 'Listen to a stream' to read:
    >> audacious %q
    >>
    >> keep the space between audacious and %q
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> Coffeeman