Re: Removing "dead links" from the application list - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Removing "dead links" from the application list - Ubuntu ; On Sat, 03 May 2008 16:16:15 -0500, Nico wrote: > Ubuntu 7.10 > I installed Wine. Didn't like so uninstalled it. Used Synaptic to do > both the install and uninstall. My Application list still shows an entry > for ...

  1. Re: Removing "dead links" from the application list

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 16:16:15 -0500, Nico wrote:

    > Ubuntu 7.10
    > I installed Wine. Didn't like so uninstalled it. Used Synaptic to do
    > both the install and uninstall. My Application list still shows an entry
    > for Wine, even though it no longer resides on my system. It should have
    > been removed, but wasn't. Is there a way to remove it? Or do I live with
    > the dead link?

    System-Preferences-Main Menu

    You can edit all entries or create entries from here. Delete also.

    Gregg

  2. Re: Removing "dead links" from the application list

    gregg wrote:
    > System-Preferences-Main Menu
    >
    > You can edit all entries or create entries from here. Delete also.

    Have you tried it? Let me know how you delete Main menus, not sub-menus.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: Removing "dead links" from the application list

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 22:16:42 +0000, gregg wrote:

    > On Sat, 03 May 2008 16:16:15 -0500, Nico wrote:
    >
    >> Ubuntu 7.10
    >> I installed Wine. Didn't like so uninstalled it. Used Synaptic to do
    >> both the install and uninstall. My Application list still shows an
    >> entry for Wine, even though it no longer resides on my system. It
    >> should have been removed, but wasn't. Is there a way to remove it? Or
    >> do I live with the dead link?

    > System-Preferences-Main Menu
    >
    > You can edit all entries or create entries from here. Delete also.
    >
    > Gregg

    Thanks, that worked after I hit revert.

+ Reply to Thread