Increase taskbar rows? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Increase taskbar rows? - Ubuntu ; Hi all, I am running Ubuntu 8.04. Is there a way to increase the number of rows the task bar displays? Currently, it only has one row, and I usually like to have many applications open. This makes the icons/squares ...

  1. Increase taskbar rows?

    Hi all,

    I am running Ubuntu 8.04.

    Is there a way to increase the number of rows the task bar displays?
    Currently, it only has one row, and I usually like to have many applications
    open. This makes the icons/squares in the task bar unreadable. I know I
    could put stuff on another desktop, but my question is, is it possible to
    increase the rows in the taskbar? I would like to have three rows. I am able
    to do this in Windows XP/Vista by simply unlocking the taskbar and dragging
    it up, and this creates more rows.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Increase taskbar rows?

    On Fri, 02 May 2008 17:03:45 -0400, Daniel wrote:

    > to do this in Windows XP/Vista by simply unlocking the taskbar and
    > dragging it up, and this creates more rows.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    You can do the same by changing the icon size which subsequently will
    make the task bar "taller". Right click > properties.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread