Compiz query about taskbar - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Compiz query about taskbar - Ubuntu ; I'm not really one for geegaws and baubles but thought I would give Compiz Fusion a try on my laptop. I don't use the lappy much and tend to use it for trying stuff out. Just upgraded it to Hardy(Kubuntu), ...

  1. Compiz query about taskbar

    I'm not really one for geegaws and baubles but thought I would give Compiz
    Fusion a try on my laptop. I don't use the lappy much and tend to use it
    for trying stuff out.

    Just upgraded it to Hardy(Kubuntu), without issue and installed Compiz.

    All working fine, looks quite impressive if you like that sort of thing (I
    might leave it on to try and convert people who are that way inclined lol)

    I can see some elements of it that might actually be useful except one thing
    would drive me round the twist, and I am damned if I can see a way to stop
    it.

    When Compiz is enabled, is there a way to only show the windows from the
    current Desktop in the taskbar?

    I always have 4 desktops, with quite a lot of stuff open, in kwin I always
    have it set that way. Starts to defeats the object of separate desktops if
    your taskbar gets cluttered.

    Cheers

    David

    --
    Knowledge is of two kinds: we know a subject ourselves, or we know where we
    can find information upon it. (Samuel Johnson)

  2. Re: Compiz query about taskbar

    On 2008-05-02, Baldylocks-Ubuntu wrote:
    > I'm not really one for geegaws and baubles but thought I would give Compiz
    > Fusion a try on my laptop. I don't use the lappy much and tend to use it
    > for trying stuff out.
    >
    > Just upgraded it to Hardy(Kubuntu), without issue and installed Compiz.
    >
    > All working fine, looks quite impressive if you like that sort of thing (I
    > might leave it on to try and convert people who are that way inclined lol)
    >
    > I can see some elements of it that might actually be useful except one thing
    > would drive me round the twist, and I am damned if I can see a way to stop
    > it.
    >
    > When Compiz is enabled, is there a way to only show the windows from the
    > current Desktop in the taskbar?
    >
    > I always have 4 desktops, with quite a lot of stuff open, in kwin I always
    > have it set that way. Starts to defeats the object of separate desktops if
    > your taskbar gets cluttered.

    I do not use kde, but have toyed with it at times. I seem to recall
    that being a kde setting, not a compiz one. Try looking through the
    kde control panel...

    --
    Joe - Linux User #449481/Ubuntu User #19733
    joe at hits - buffalo dot com

+ Reply to Thread