Re: Hardy and Celestia Flickering - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Hardy and Celestia Flickering - Ubuntu ; Trevor Best wrote: > On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:12:29 +0100, Trevor Best wrote: > >> Celestia is very flickery on 8.04. I have a Radeon X800 and using the >> restricted drivers. > > Google Earth too :-( I ...

  1. Re: Hardy and Celestia Flickering

    Trevor Best wrote:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 19:12:29 +0100, Trevor Best wrote:
    >
    >> Celestia is very flickery on 8.04. I have a Radeon X800 and using the
    >> restricted drivers.

    > Google Earth too :-(

    I find google earth 4.3 (latest build) flicker so much that it is
    unusable and when it stops flickering it leaves a nearly empty window
    with no map visible :-(

    I've even had GE lock up that I needed to force power off :-(

    Using ATI Radeon 9700 on my notebook.

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

  2. Re: Hardy and Celestia Flickering

    > >> Celestia is very flickery on 8.04. I have a Radeon X800 and using the
    > >> restricted drivers.

    > I find google earth 4.3 (latest build) flicker so much that it is
    > unusable and when it stops flickering it leaves a nearly empty window
    > with no map visible :-(
    > I've even had GE lock up that I needed to force power off :-(
    > Using ATI Radeon 9700 on my notebook.

    This sounds similar to my issues playing Half-Life under Steam, FWIW
    (as found in an earlier thread)

  3. Re: Hardy and Celestia Flickering

    Colin Wilson wrote:

    >> I find google earth 4.3 (latest build) flicker so much that it is
    >> unusable and when it stops flickering it leaves a nearly empty window
    >> with no map visible :-(
    >> I've even had GE lock up that I needed to force power off :-(
    >> Using ATI Radeon 9700 on my notebook.

    > This sounds similar to my issues playing Half-Life under Steam, FWIW
    > (as found in an earlier thread)

    I also get the same screen problem on my desktop running an ATI x1950.
    So it looks like I'll have to wait for a better driver :-(

    http://pcspec.brion.co.uk - Desktops full spec.

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

+ Reply to Thread