(k)ubuntu + octave + jhandles - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on (k)ubuntu + octave + jhandles - Ubuntu ; Hi! I saw jhandles graphics library for octave 3.0.0. on windows. It works very well, so I tried to install it on ubuntu machine. The problem is the installer says there is no java development kit. What I should install ...

  1. (k)ubuntu + octave + jhandles

    Hi!
    I saw jhandles graphics library for octave 3.0.0. on windows. It works
    very well, so I tried to install it on ubuntu machine. The problem is
    the installer says there is no java development kit.
    What I should install to finish the jhandles installation?
    The ./configure of the jhandles package generates such info:

    octave-forge is configured with
    octave: octave (version 3.0.0)
    mkoctfile: mkoctfile for Octave 0
    java: Java Development Kit not found
    octave.jar:
    jogl.jar:

    Which package includes JDK?
    The java package is installed already.

    Instruction "java -showversion" generates such info:
    java version "1.6.0_03"
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

    --
    Sendilkelm

  2. Re: (k)ubuntu + octave + jhandles

    sendilkelm illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Hi!
    > I saw jhandles graphics library for octave 3.0.0. on windows. It works
    > very well, so I tried to install it on ubuntu machine. The problem is
    > the installer says there is no java development kit.

    Open a terminal
    $ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

    HTH

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  3. Re: (k)ubuntu + octave + jhandles

    Moog pisze:
    > sendilkelm illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >> Hi!
    >> I saw jhandles graphics library for octave 3.0.0. on windows. It works
    >> very well, so I tried to install it on ubuntu machine. The problem is
    >> the installer says there is no java development kit.

    > Open a terminal
    > $ sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jdk

    I made it. The message is still the same:
    octave-forge is configured with
    octave: octave (version 3.0.0)
    mkoctfile: mkoctfile for Octave 0
    java: Java Development Kit not found
    octave.jar:
    jogl.jar:

    That is quite strange for me, because I have netbeans environment
    installed and JDK is used by netbeans...

    What mean these messages generated by "./configure":
    [...]
    [...]

    Other checks are "yes".

    --