Me and 8.04 are not getting along - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Me and 8.04 are not getting along - Ubuntu ; Mark Warner illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing: > > You guys really need to get your sarcasm detectors recalibrated. Not really. Mine are fine IMHO. What I would suggest is if you *are* going to employ sarcasm, then actually employ it. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Me and 8.04 are not getting along

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  2. Re: Me and 8.04 are not getting along

    Harold Stevens illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > In <681gdtF2ppqacU2@mid.individual.net> Moog:
    >
    > [Snip...]
    >
    >> Apparently, sales have been phenomenal

    > Yes, it seems the eeePC is doing quite well, and not just in the sales
    > figures you mentioned. I see it in the shrill ravings of the "desktop"
    > fanbois--especially since even the mainstream press isn't giving Vista
    > much of a free ride anymore.
    >
    > Funny how something so small/inexpensive could create such panic.

    It looks superb and I'm thinking of getting one. The 9" screen model
    is due to arrive shortly with a whopping 20gb of flash

    What is rather worrying is the windows version they're planning.
    Although understandable, it will be interesting to see wether the
    price point is significanlty more (which of course, it should be).

    > More than anything, I think Shuttleworth/Ubuntu has made this possible
    > in a practical sense. IMO, the free CD/shipping facility was genius on
    > the part of Shuttleworth. It literally doesn't cost you a dime, or any
    > download time, for a completely free testdrive of a desktop Linux.

    Indeed. It has increased awareness no end. People who just operate
    windows and don't really do any *real* work now recognise linux. Which
    is great.