VMware workstation v6 tools with Ubuntu v8 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on VMware workstation v6 tools with Ubuntu v8 - Ubuntu ; Does anyone know of a link to the instructions for installing VMware tools in Ubuntu. I'm keen to get stuck into Ubuntu but to get thrown straight into terminal windows and scripting is a bit of a throw back to ...

  1. VMware workstation v6 tools with Ubuntu v8

    Does anyone know of a link to the instructions for installing VMware tools
    in Ubuntu. I'm keen to get stuck into Ubuntu but to get thrown straight into
    terminal windows and scripting is a bit of a throw back to the CP/M for me
    :-)

    I found some that installed the video driver okay (which is the biggest
    requirement to get it sizing within the VMware window) but it disabled the
    network card at the same time!

    Cheers, Rob.

  2. Re: VMware workstation v6 tools with Ubuntu v8

    Rob Nicholson illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Does anyone know of a link to the instructions for installing VMware tools
    > in Ubuntu. I'm keen to get stuck into Ubuntu but to get thrown straight into
    > terminal windows and scripting is a bit of a throw back to the CP/M for me
    >:-)
    >
    > I found some that installed the video driver okay (which is the biggest
    > requirement to get it sizing within the VMware window) but it disabled the
    > network card at the same time!
    >
    > Cheers, Rob.

    I'd hazard a guess that this could help....
    http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/10/...ubuntu-guests/

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

+ Reply to Thread