Show Process Table - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Show Process Table - Ubuntu ; How do I show the Process Table in Ubuntu 8.04 ? (like ctrl-esc in KDE)...

  1. Show Process Table

    How do I show the Process Table in Ubuntu 8.04 ?
    (like ctrl-esc in KDE)

  2. Re: Show Process Table

    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > How do I show the Process Table in Ubuntu 8.04 ?
    > (like ctrl-esc in KDE)

    Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

  3. Re: Show Process Table

    White Spirit wrote:

    > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >> How do I show the Process Table in Ubuntu 8.04 ?
    >> (like ctrl-esc in KDE)

    > Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    > know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

    Thanks.
    (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

  4. Re: Show Process Table

    Henk Oegema wrote:

    >> Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    >> know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

    > Thanks.
    > (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

    It's a command-line system monitor.

  5. Re: Show Process Table

    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > White Spirit wrote:
    >
    >> Henk Oegema wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do I show the Process Table in Ubuntu 8.04 ?
    >>> (like ctrl-esc in KDE)

    >> Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    >> know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

    > Thanks.
    > (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

    I found out already the answer to my own question.
    You mean the command 'top'

  6. Re: Show Process Table

    White Spirit wrote:

    > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >>> Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    >>> know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

    >> Thanks.
    >> (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

    > It's a command-line system monitor.

  7. Re: Show Process Table

    * White Spirit wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    > Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >>> Under System->Administration you can find the System Monitor. I don't
    >>> know if it's assigned to a key combination; I always use top.

    >> Thanks.
    >> (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

    > It's a command-line system monitor.

    try htop, much nicer interface

    --
    David

  8. Re: Show Process Table

    SINNER schreef:
    > * White Spirit wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> Thanks.
    >>> (what do you mean by: I always use top ?)

    >> It's a command-line system monitor.

    > try htop, much nicer interface

    I second this statement!

  9. Re: Show Process Table

    Dirk T. Verbeek illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > SINNER schreef:
    >> * White Spirit wrote in alt.os.linux.ubuntu:

    >>> It's a command-line system monitor.

    >> try htop, much nicer interface
    >>

    > I second this statement!

    I'm colour blind and prefer top.

    htop looks blurry to me and I need to squint. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  10. Re: Show Process Table

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I second this statement!

    >> I'm colour blind and prefer top.
    >>
    >> htop looks blurry to me and I need to squint. ;-)

    > Press "S" and set the colours ;-)

    But the "S" is all blurry and I need to squint.

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  11. Re: Show Process Table

    Moog wrote:
    > Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I'm colour blind and prefer top.
    >>>
    >>> htop looks blurry to me and I need to squint. ;-)

    >> Press "S" and set the colours ;-)

    > But the "S" is all blurry and I need to squint.

    On the menu bar choose "Settings" , choose "Font",
    select "Enlarge Font".

    Scruffy

  12. Re: Show Process Table

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 22:36:23 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> Press "S" and set the colours ;-)

    >> But the "S" is all blurry and I need to squint.

    > http://www.specsavers.co.uk/ 8-)

    I prefer dolland and aitchison. The "sales chicks" seem more "up for
    it". ;-)

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  13. Re: Show Process Table

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 01 May 2008 20:56:38 -0500, Scruffy wrote:
    >
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>> Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> But the "S" is all blurry and I need to squint.
    >>>

    >> On the menu bar choose "Settings" , choose "Font",
    >> select "Enlarge Font".

    > Nah, that'll just make it big and blurry for him.

    Abso*bloody*lutely. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

+ Reply to Thread