No network Kbuntu 8.04 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on No network Kbuntu 8.04 - Ubuntu ; I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I am stuck and can't do anything. D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI The WUSB54GS did ...

  1. No network Kbuntu 8.04

    I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I am
    stuck and can't do anything.

    D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter
    Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter
    Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter
    Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI

    The WUSB54GS did show up as a TI chip but there was no option for WPA
    passcode
    which I need to connect, just WEP came up.

    I do not have the option to use a LAN cable.

  2. Re: No network Kbuntu 8.04

    Darkelldar wrote:
    > I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I am
    > stuck and can't do anything.
    >
    > D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter
    > Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter
    > Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter
    > Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI
    >
    > The WUSB54GS did show up as a TI chip but there was no option for WPA
    > passcode
    > which I need to connect, just WEP came up.
    >
    > I do not have the option to use a LAN cable.

    I would advise using a Linksys since they are the number 1 for home
    networking and have Cisco for a parent company. If 4 adapters from 3
    different companies won't show up, then it does look like an install
    problem. Maybe an e-mail to Linksys might turn up a helpful employee.

    Good Luck.
    Bill Baka

  3. Re: No network Kbuntu 8.04

    "Bill Baka" wrote in message
    news:WbKdnVooVqp7aorVnZ2dnUVZ_ryqnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Darkelldar wrote:
    >> I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I am
    >> stuck and can't do anything.
    >>
    >> D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter
    >> Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter
    >> Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter
    >> Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI
    >>
    >> The WUSB54GS did show up as a TI chip but there was no option for WPA
    >> passcode
    >> which I need to connect, just WEP came up.
    >>
    >> I do not have the option to use a LAN cable.
    >>

    > I would advise using a Linksys since they are the number 1 for home
    > networking and have Cisco for a parent company. If 4 adapters from 3
    > different companies won't show up, then it does look like an install
    > problem. Maybe an e-mail to Linksys might turn up a helpful employee.
    >
    > Good Luck.
    > Bill Baka

    Respectfully I disagree, do the research and look at the compatability
    charts. Dlink WDA 2320 worked "out-of-the-box" for me and the Linksys
    devices all had to be re-compiled for the specific system. I do agree with
    the point of re-installing the sysytem though.

  4. Re: No network Kbuntu 8.04

    CL]-[D wrote:

    > "Bill Baka" wrote in message
    > news:WbKdnVooVqp7aorVnZ2dnUVZ_ryqnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> Darkelldar wrote:
    >>> I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I
    >>> am stuck and can't do anything.
    >>>
    >>> D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter
    >>> Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter
    >>> Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter
    >>> Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI
    >>>
    >>> The WUSB54GS did show up as a TI chip but there was no option for WPA
    >>> passcode
    >>> which I need to connect, just WEP came up.
    >>>
    >>> I do not have the option to use a LAN cable.
    >>>

    >> I would advise using a Linksys since they are the number 1 for home
    >> networking and have Cisco for a parent company. If 4 adapters from 3
    >> different companies won't show up, then it does look like an install
    >> problem. Maybe an e-mail to Linksys might turn up a helpful employee.
    >>
    >> Good Luck.
    >> Bill Baka

    > Respectfully I disagree, do the research and look at the compatability
    > charts. Dlink WDA 2320 worked "out-of-the-box" for me and the Linksys
    > devices all had to be re-compiled for the specific system. I do agree
    > with the point of re-installing the sysytem though.

    I won't disagree since I don't have a card in my PC, but I do use a
    Linksys WRT54G'L', for Linux, router. They ARE Linux friendly since this
    version of router, the 'L', is for Linux hacking with a faster CPU and a
    lot more memory. I can't say that about D-Link, and what the hell is
    Gigabyte doing in the network pond??? They make MB's.

    For this case though, if a D-Link worked right out of the box, the OP
    now has to buy yet another card, making his parts pile 4 high.
    Can't complain since I have a full dresser drawer of cards that have
    saved my bacon a number of times.

    Cheers,
    Bill Baka

  5. Re: No network Kbuntu 8.04

    On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 01:53:44 +0000, Darkelldar wrote:

    > I have used 4 different wireless network adapters and none work so I am
    > stuck and can't do anything.
    >
    > D-Link WUA 2340 USB adapter
    > Linksys WUSB54GS USB adapter
    > Gigabtye GN-WP01GM PCI adapter
    > Linksys WMP54GS wireless G PCI
    >
    > The WUSB54GS did show up as a TI chip but there was no option for WPA
    > passcode
    > which I need to connect, just WEP came up.
    >
    > I do not have the option to use a LAN cable.

    download wifi-radar and use it for your wpa.

    --
    Jerry Maguire: Help me... help you. Help me, help you. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread