Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ? - Ubuntu ; I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 and right away, I don't really like how the new look is organized. I like the way it was in 7.10 where there was a panel on top for the menus and other simple application ...

  1. Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ?

    I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 and right away, I don't really like how the
    new look is organized. I like the way it was in 7.10 where there was a
    panel on top for the menus and other simple application shortcuts while
    on the bottom one is where the applications that were shown actually
    show up. The new version is more like Windows. Is there a way to
    revert back to the way it was and have the applications go to the bottom
    panel?

    Z.K.

  2. Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ?

    Z.K. wrote:
    > I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 and right away, I don't really like how the
    > new look is organized. I like the way it was in 7.10 where there was a
    > panel on top for the menus and other simple application shortcuts while
    > on the bottom one is where the applications that were shown actually
    > show up. The new version is more like Windows. Is there a way to
    > revert back to the way it was and have the applications go to the bottom
    > panel?
    >
    > Z.K.

    I meant for Ubuntu Studio which is built on Ubuntu 8.04.

    Z.K.

  3. Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ?

    Z.K. wrote:
    > I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 and right away, I don't really like how the
    > new look is organized. I like the way it was in 7.10 where there was a
    > panel on top for the menus and other simple application shortcuts while
    > on the bottom one is where the applications that were shown actually
    > show up. The new version is more like Windows.

    How the hell is GNOME in anyway like Windows? Has Windows started
    putting the good-ol Start button on top these days?

    > Is there a way to
    > revert back to the way it was and have the applications go to the bottom
    > panel?

    Right-click on empty space on your top panel --> New panel. If it's not
    at the bottom now, then right-click the new panel --> properties --> put
    it at the bottom. Right-click bottom-panel --> add to panel --> choose
    Window List. Remove Window List from your top panel. Done.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  4. Re: Ubuntu 8.04 and Gnome Application panels ?

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Z.K. wrote:
    >> I just installed Ubuntu 8.04 and right away, I don't really like how
    >> the new look is organized. I like the way it was in 7.10 where there
    >> was a panel on top for the menus and other simple application
    >> shortcuts while on the bottom one is where the applications that were
    >> shown actually show up. The new version is more like Windows.

    > How the hell is GNOME in anyway like Windows? Has Windows started
    > putting the good-ol Start button on top these days?
    >
    >> Is there a way to revert back to the way it was and have the
    >> applications go to the bottom panel?

    > Right-click on empty space on your top panel --> New panel. If it's not
    > at the bottom now, then right-click the new panel --> properties --> put
    > it at the bottom. Right-click bottom-panel --> add to panel --> choose
    > Window List. Remove Window List from your top panel. Done.

    Thanks. I already figured it out though.

    Z.K.

+ Reply to Thread