Radio streaming and recording software - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Radio streaming and recording software - Ubuntu ; Which software can play web radio AND record them into mp3? Thank you Egon Schmid...

  1. Radio streaming and recording software

    Which software can play web radio AND record them into mp3?

    Thank you

    Egon Schmid

  2. Re: Radio streaming and recording software

    Egon Schmid wrote:
    > Which software can play web radio AND record them into mp3?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Egon Schmid

    Hi, this is working with Wine:

    http://www.screamer-radio.com/download/screamer038.zip

    Is possible to listen and record in mp3 internet radio station.

    Similar job should be possible with other Linux applications but in this
    case you should put manually the url's.

    KStreamRipper
    KRadio (I'm not sure if it work also for Internet Radio).

    Regards

  3. Re: Radio streaming and recording software

    Egon Schmid wrote:
    > Which software can play web radio AND record them into mp3?

    streamtuner
    streamripper
    mplayer/mencoder

    --Benjamin Franklin

  4. Re: Radio streaming and recording software

    On 2008-04-27, Egon Schmid wrote:

    > Which software can play web radio AND record them into mp3?

    I wrote a 'walkthrough' on this very subject quite some time ago that
    showed how to do this with mplayer and lame:

    It is a little old but the general principles should still hold. Its
    big brother is unfortunately not written for Ubuntu:

    http://www.andrews-corner.org/ftgws.html

    but the techniques and the script I created for this show should apply
    to Ubuntu as well.

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org