Sunbird 0.8 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Sunbird 0.8 - Ubuntu ; How do I install this on 8.04? I've tried to un-tar into /usr/lib but then sunbird does not run :-( Is there a repository I can add? -- Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit) http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save ...

  1. Sunbird 0.8

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

  2. Re: Sunbird 0.8

    Annie R J Brion wrote:

    Subject: Sunbird 0.8
    > How do I install this on 8.04?

    Put the complete question in the body. The subject is not the body.
    You don't mention the sunbird 0.8 in the body. If necessary, create the
    message body first and then the subject.

    > I've tried to un-tar into /usr/lib but then sunbird does not run :-(
    >
    > Is there a repository I can add?

    The current sunbird in the 8.04 repos is 0.7

    The ub forums from 2007 Nov say that sunbird 0.7 from the Mint .deb
    worked.

    There is now a sunbird 0.8 Mint .deb.
    http://www.4shared.com/file/45009174...mint1_all.html
    Download sunbird_0.8-mint1_all.deb

    Ub brainstorm had a request for sunbird 0.8 in the ub repos.

    I would use the mint .deb instead of the .8 tar.gz from moz.

    --
    Mike Easter

  3. Re: Sunbird 0.8

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Annie R J Brion wrote:
    >
    > Subject: Sunbird 0.8
    >> How do I install this on 8.04?

    > Put the complete question in the body. The subject is not the body.
    > You don't mention the sunbird 0.8 in the body. If necessary, create the
    > message body first and then the subject.
    >
    >> I've tried to un-tar into /usr/lib but then sunbird does not run :-(
    >>
    >> Is there a repository I can add?

    > The current sunbird in the 8.04 repos is 0.7
    >
    > The ub forums from 2007 Nov say that sunbird 0.7 from the Mint .deb
    > worked.
    >
    > There is now a sunbird 0.8 Mint .deb.
    > http://www.4shared.com/file/45009174...mint1_all.html
    > Download sunbird_0.8-mint1_all.deb
    >
    > Ub brainstorm had a request for sunbird 0.8 in the ub repos.
    >
    > I would use the mint .deb instead of the .8 tar.gz from moz.

    I removed Sunbird 0.7 and installed from sunbird_0.8-mint1_all.deb.

    When I click the menu option, I get "starting sunbird" (at the bottom of
    the screen) then that goes but nothing appears. I get no sunbird window :-(

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

  4. Re: Sunbird 0.8

    Annie R J Brion wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Annie R J Brion wrote:
    >>
    >> Subject: Sunbird 0.8
    >>> How do I install this on 8.04?

    >> The current sunbird in the 8.04 repos is 0.7

    >> There is now a sunbird 0.8 Mint .deb.

    >> Ub brainstorm had a request for sunbird 0.8 in the ub repos.
    >>
    >> I would use the mint .deb instead of the .8 tar.gz from moz.

    > I removed Sunbird 0.7 and installed from sunbird_0.8-mint1_all.deb.
    >
    > When I click the menu option, I get "starting sunbird" (at the bottom
    > of the screen) then that goes but nothing appears. I get no sunbird
    > window :-(

    The reply link in brainstorm suggested that .8 may not be ub-ready yet.

    http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/7321/ idea #7321: Add Mozilla Sunbird
    0.8 to repositories

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rd/+bug/220166
    New upstream version available (v0.8) -- John Vivirito wrote 6 hours
    ago: (permalink) - This will be in Hardy+1 and that will be a while
    since i will need a fairly stable toolchain maybe after it gets in
    Hardy+1 repos ill back port it to Hardy

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...htning-sunbird Bugs in
    lightning-sunbird in ubuntu

    --
    Mike Easter

  5. Re: Sunbird 0.8

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Annie R J Brion wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>> Annie R J Brion wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Subject: Sunbird 0.8

    >>> The current sunbird in the 8.04 repos is 0.7

    >>> There is now a sunbird 0.8 Mint .deb.

    >>> Ub brainstorm had a request for sunbird 0.8 in the ub repos.
    >>>
    >>> I would use the mint .deb instead of the .8 tar.gz from moz.

    >> I removed Sunbird 0.7 and installed from sunbird_0.8-mint1_all.deb.
    >>
    >> When I click the menu option, I get "starting sunbird" (at the bottom
    >> of the screen) then that goes but nothing appears. I get no sunbird
    >> window :-(

    > The reply link in brainstorm suggested that .8 may not be ub-ready yet.
    >
    > http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/7321/ idea #7321: Add Mozilla Sunbird
    > 0.8 to repositories
    >
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...rd/+bug/220166
    > New upstream version available (v0.8) -- John Vivirito wrote 6 hours
    > ago: (permalink) - This will be in Hardy+1 and that will be a while
    > since i will need a fairly stable toolchain maybe after it gets in
    > Hardy+1 repos ill back port it to Hardy
    >
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...htning-sunbird Bugs in
    > lightning-sunbird in ubuntu

    Thanks for your help, but I've got lightning 0.8 add-on in thunderbird
    working using the info you provided. I was only trying sunbird because
    lightning was not working correctly.

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread