USB stick (not)visibable - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on USB stick (not)visibable - Ubuntu ; In Ubuntu 8.04 I can see my USB stick on the desktop after start up. In Kubuntu I can NOT see the USB stick. Is this right ? If not, how can I make the stick visibable in Kubuntu ? ...

  1. USB stick (not)visibable

    In Ubuntu 8.04 I can see my USB stick on the desktop after start up.
    In Kubuntu I can NOT see the USB stick.

    Is this right ?
    If not, how can I make the stick visibable in Kubuntu ?

    Rgds.
    Henk

  2. Re: USB stick (not)visibable

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:18:13 +0200, Henk Oegema wrote:

    > In Ubuntu 8.04 I can see my USB stick on the desktop after start up. In
    > Kubuntu I can NOT see the USB stick.
    >
    > Is this right ?
    > If not, how can I make the stick visibable in Kubuntu ?

    That is a known Kubuntu bug. Please take a look at

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...hal/+bug/49890

    Rui Maciel

  3. Re: USB stick (not)visibable

    Henk Oegema wrote:

    > In Ubuntu 8.04 I can see my USB stick on the desktop after start up.
    > In Kubuntu I can NOT see the USB stick.
    >
    > Is this right ?
    > If not, how can I make the stick visibable in Kubuntu ?
    >
    > Rgds.
    > Henk

    visibable=visible.
    Sorry for my typing error.

  4. Re: USB stick (not)visibable

    Rui Maciel wrote:

    > On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:18:13 +0200, Henk Oegema wrote:
    >
    >> In Ubuntu 8.04 I can see my USB stick on the desktop after start up. In
    >> Kubuntu I can NOT see the USB stick.
    >>
    >> Is this right ?
    >> If not, how can I make the stick visibable in Kubuntu ?

    > That is a known Kubuntu bug. Please take a look at

    Thanks Rui.

    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...hal/+bug/49890
    >

    > Rui Maciel

+ Reply to Thread