Device Manager - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Device Manager - Ubuntu ; Just upgraded to Hardy, all went OK but my PCI card giving two extra USB connectors doesn't appear to be working. On Gutsy there was a link, similar to control panel (Forgot its Linux name) that allowed access to devices ...

  1. Device Manager

    Just upgraded to Hardy, all went OK but my PCI card giving two extra USB
    connectors doesn't appear to be working.

    On Gutsy there was a link, similar to control panel (Forgot its Linux
    name) that allowed access to devices so that one could check details, I
    can't find it on Hardy, anyone know if it is a name change.

    Geoff Lane

  2. Re: Device Manager

    Geoff Lane wrote:
    > Just upgraded to Hardy, all went OK but my PCI card giving two extra USB
    > connectors doesn't appear to be working.
    >
    > On Gutsy there was a link, similar to control panel (Forgot its Linux
    > name) that allowed access to devices so that one could check details, I
    > can't find it on Hardy, anyone know if it is a name change.
    >
    > Geoff Lane

    Don't know if it comes installed by default. If not, sudo apt-get
    install lshw. Then:
    sudo lshw | less

    --Benjamin Franklin

  3. Re: Device Manager

    johnny bobby bee wrote:
    > Don't know if it comes installed by default. If not, sudo apt-get
    > install lshw. Then:
    > sudo lshw | less

    lspci gives lots of info, too.

    lspci -v