Multitasking sound system? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Multitasking sound system? - Ubuntu ; At the moment, only one application can play sound at one time. I got an ALSA driver. Is is possible to set up a mixer, so that every application can play sound at the same time? Greetings Egon Schmid...

  1. Multitasking sound system?

    At the moment, only one application can play sound at one time.

    I got an ALSA driver.

    Is is possible to set up a mixer, so that every application can play
    sound at the same time?

    Greetings

    Egon Schmid

  2. Re: Multitasking sound system?

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:47:29 +0200, Egon Schmid wrote:

    > At the moment, only one application can play sound at one time.
    >
    > I got an ALSA driver.
    >
    > Is is possible to set up a mixer, so that every application can play
    > sound at the same time?
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Egon Schmid

    Look into Jack Audio Server. Most of the Ubuntu studio audio apps need it
    to function.

  3. Re: Multitasking sound system?

    On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:44:43 -0400, Meat Plow wrote:

    > Look into Jack Audio Server. Most of the Ubuntu studio audio apps need
    > it to function.

    I use Jack for recording but for playing several audio apps at the
    same time I just make sure they are all using Alsa. Run gstreamer-properties.
    I also have my System | Preferences | Sound set to use ESD. Also check in
    the Ubuntu forums.

    --
    // This is my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread