Can't install some programs like Wine... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Can't install some programs like Wine... - Ubuntu ; In Add/Remove programs, when I try to install some programs, a dialogue box tells me that program isn't available for my computer type. I assume this is because I'm running 64bit, and the program is available only for 32bit. This ...

  1. Can't install some programs like Wine...

    In Add/Remove programs, when I try to install some programs, a
    dialogue box tells me that program isn't available for my computer
    type. I assume this is because I'm running 64bit, and the program is
    available only for 32bit. This is fine.

    But other programs, such as Wine, nothing happens when I click on the
    check box. The box seems to be grayed out. Why am I not able to
    install this program?

  2. Re: Can't install some programs like Wine...

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 18:27:08 -0700, Todd wrote:

    > In Add/Remove programs, when I try to install some programs, a
    > dialogue box tells me that program isn't available for my computer
    > type. I assume this is because I'm running 64bit, and the program is
    > available only for 32bit. This is fine.
    >
    > But other programs, such as Wine, nothing happens when I click on the
    > check box. The box seems to be grayed out. Why am I not able to
    > install this program?

    Might have something to do with broken dependencies? I don't use the
    Installer I use the Package Manager or apt-get. Did you try apt-get?
    You'll see errors if there are any to be seen using apt-get and this may
    give you some insight as to what's up.

+ Reply to Thread