Upgrade to 8 breaks multiple audio apps - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Upgrade to 8 breaks multiple audio apps - Ubuntu ; Ok, who decided to leave XMMS out of the Hardy sources list? Don't you just love it when someone "deprecates" an application you use every day... My fix was to restore the 7.X sources.list, run "aptitude install xmms", and then ...

  1. Upgrade to 8 breaks multiple audio apps

    Ok, who decided to leave XMMS out of the Hardy sources list? Don't you
    just love it when someone "deprecates" an application you use every day...
    My fix was to restore the 7.X sources.list, run "aptitude install xmms",
    and then restore the 8.X sources list (being careful to preserve the
    7.X version to be sure).

    The other broken app is Audacity, which is upgraded to a _beta_ version
    lacking key effects (pitch, tempo). The Synaptic menu doesn't give
    a downgrade option or even indicate the new version is still in beta!

    Anyone have a pointer to the 1.3.3 (not beta) .deb?

    Paco

  2. Re: Upgrade to 8 breaks multiple audio apps

    Paco wrote:

    > The other broken app is Audacity, which is upgraded to a _beta_
    > version lacking key effects (pitch, tempo). The Synaptic menu
    > doesn't give
    > a downgrade option or even indicate the new version is still in beta!
    >
    > Anyone have a pointer to the 1.3.3 (not beta) .deb?

    Did you try the 'force version' function in Synaptic/ Packages? My
    ub710 shows the 1.3.3 audacity.

    You can access whichever ub audacity you want starting here and follow
    the links
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?ke...on=names&suite
    =all&section=all or http://snipurl.com/25ymf

    Package audacity > feisty is the 1.2.6 which is stable, gutsy is 1.3.3
    which is what you want and is also a beta according to sourceforge, and
    hardy is the 1.3.4 beta.

    --
    Mike Easter

+ Reply to Thread