Error 15: File not found - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Error 15: File not found - Ubuntu ; Ubuntu 7.1 Hardy won't boot. Error 15: File not found Press any key to continue...... Before re-started computer, started Adept Manager, but it said, Couldn't start because there was another instance running, then asked if I wanted it fixed, so ...

  1. Error 15: File not found

    Ubuntu 7.1 Hardy won't boot.

    Error 15: File not found
    Press any key to continue......

    Before re-started computer, started Adept Manager, but it said,
    Couldn't start because there was another instance running, then
    asked if I wanted it fixed, so I said yes, but it wouldn't fix.

    At reboot when I press a key to continue it brings up a menu
    where I can press 'e' to edit or 'b' to boot. Pressing 'e'
    shows commands that look Ok, but I'm no expert. Pressing 'b'
    tries to boot, but gives same error message. The only command
    that does work is, Ubuntu 7.10, memtest86+.

    Can anyone suggest a solution?

    Thanks in advance
    Alonzo

  2. Re: Error 15: File not found

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:25:29 -0400, Alonzo wrote:

    > Ubuntu 7.1 Hardy won't boot.
    >
    > Error 15: File not found
    > Press any key to continue......
    >
    > Before re-started computer, started Adept Manager, but it said,
    > Couldn't start because there was another instance running, then
    > asked if I wanted it fixed, so I said yes, but it wouldn't fix.
    >
    > At reboot when I press a key to continue it brings up a menu
    > where I can press 'e' to edit or 'b' to boot. Pressing 'e'
    > shows commands that look Ok, but I'm no expert. Pressing 'b'
    > tries to boot, but gives same error message. The only command
    > that does work is, Ubuntu 7.10, memtest86+.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest a solution?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Alonzo

    Try this

    Looks like grub can't find your kernel file. You might be able to
    figure it out yourself and hand edit the menu but you'll need to know
    where /boot is in relation to your hard drive configuration. Give the
    link instructions a try.

+ Reply to Thread