Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04 - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04 - Ubuntu ; Installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS release a couple of days ago. Doing everthing I want except one thing - won't play video from BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/ Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu? Can get it on my Dozey ...

  1. Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04

    Installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS release a couple of days ago.
    Doing everthing I want except one thing - won't play video from BBC -
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/

    Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu?

    Can get it on my Dozey XP box.

  2. Re: Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04

    Buzzer avait ÚnoncÚ :
    > Installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS release a couple of days ago.
    > Doing everthing I want except one thing - won't play video from BBC -
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/
    >
    > Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu?
    >
    > Can get it on my Dozey XP box.

    Should install the Media Player !

  3. Re: Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04

    Buzzer wrote:
    > Installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS release a couple of days ago.
    > Doing everthing I want except one thing - won't play video from BBC -
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/
    >
    > Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu?
    >
    > Can get it on my Dozey XP box.

    I am using Hardy 64bit- FF3.0b5 and am having no problems. Clicked an
    your link and watched videos. Sorry. Now Hardon can call me a Liar.
    caver1

  4. Re: Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04

    Buzzer wrote:
    > Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu?

    It's just flash video, dude. Make sure you've installed
    flashplugin-nonfree. Or get flash and install yourself manually from adobe.

    --Benjamin Franklin

  5. Re: Getting BBC video under Ubuntu 8.04

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 08:13:17 +0000, johnny bobby bee wrote:

    > Buzzer wrote:
    >> Has anyone got BBC video to play under Ubuntu?

    > It's just flash video, dude. Make sure you've installed
    > flashplugin-nonfree. Or get flash and install yourself manually from
    > adobe.

    Here is worth a look too:

    http://po-ru.com/diary/bbc-iplayer-fix-hacked-again/

+ Reply to Thread