8.04 No sound - Asus p%B - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on 8.04 No sound - Asus p%B - Ubuntu ; I have just upgraded to 8.04 and have lost all sound. I am running the 386 version on an Asus P5B motherboard, using the onboard sound (SoundMAX AD1988B). When I press test on the Sound Preferences application, I get the ...

  1. 8.04 No sound - Asus p%B

    I have just upgraded to 8.04 and have lost all sound.
    I am running the 386 version on an Asus P5B motherboard, using the
    onboard sound (SoundMAX AD1988B).
    When I press test on the Sound Preferences application, I get the error
    message 'gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument'.
    Help, please?!
    DS

  2. Re: 8.04 No sound - Asus p%B

    David Scott wrote:
    > I have just upgraded to 8.04 and have lost all sound.
    > I am running the 386 version on an Asus P5B motherboard, using the
    > onboard sound (SoundMAX AD1988B).
    > When I press test on the Sound Preferences application, I get the error
    > message 'gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument'.
    > Help, please?!
    > DS

    I had a similar problem on an ASRock motherboard, try the config utility
    on this page

    Worked for me.

  3. Re: 8.04 No sound - Asus p%B

    On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:10:13 +0100, Phil Borman wrote:

    > David Scott wrote:
    >> I have just upgraded to 8.04 and have lost all sound. I am running the
    >> 386 version on an Asus P5B motherboard, using the onboard sound
    >> (SoundMAX AD1988B).
    >> When I press test on the Sound Preferences application, I get the error
    >> message 'gconfaudiosink: Failed to connect stream: Invalid argument'.
    >> Help, please?!
    >> DS

    > I had a similar problem on an ASRock motherboard, try the config utility
    > on this page
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4790443
    >
    > Worked for me.

    No, this doesn't find a sound card.