Where is Ubuntu 8.04? - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Where is Ubuntu 8.04? - Ubuntu ; Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet? It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it is not let out soon....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?

    It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    is not let out soon.

  2. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu.iso/8.04/

    --
    Steve

    completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
    - Douglas Adams

  3. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Steve
    wrote:

    > Thicko wrote thus:
    >> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?

    >> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    >> is not let out soon.

    >http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu.iso/8.04/

    Thanks Steve. Its on the way down now.

  4. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:00:11 +1200, Thicko wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Steve
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Thicko wrote thus:
    >>> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?

    >>> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    >>> is not let out soon.

    >>http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu.iso/8.04/

    > Thanks Steve. Its on the way down now.

    I started to download it from a link given in the Ubuntu forum. It got to
    about 7 mins left to go, then restarted for some reason, possibly because
    the file changed. I'll leave it until it's announced on the home page.

    --
    Phil Stovell, Hampshire, UK

  5. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Phil Stovell (Phil Stovell ) gurgled happily,
    sounding much like they were saying:

    > I started to download it from a link given in the Ubuntu forum. It got
    > to about 7 mins left to go, then restarted for some reason, possibly
    > because the file changed. I'll leave it until it's announced on the home
    > page.

    It's downloaded fine for me from that link. About to be fired up...

  6. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    den Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:52:01 +0100, Phil Stovell skrev:

    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:00:11 +1200, Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Steve
    >> wrote:

    >>>http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu.iso/8.04/

    >> Thanks Steve. Its on the way down now.

    > I started to download it from a link given in the Ubuntu forum. It got
    > to about 7 mins left to go, then restarted for some reason, possibly
    > because the file changed. I'll leave it until it's announced on the home
    > page.

    http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/8.04/

    it is the link from http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/804rc

    So i think it is just the webpage that is not up. Or am i wrong? I seem
    to remember that alpha, beta or rc was in the iso-name.

  7. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Adrian wrote:
    > Phil Stovell (Phil Stovell ) gurgled happily,
    > sounding much like they were saying:
    >
    >> I started to download it from a link given in the Ubuntu forum. It got
    >> to about 7 mins left to go, then restarted for some reason, possibly
    >> because the file changed. I'll leave it until it's announced on the home
    >> page.

    > It's downloaded fine for me from that link. About to be fired up...

    Just finished installing it from there. It is not the RC because the
    location selector is now fixed (does not move too fast).

    --
    Annie.......... (ISP:Be - OS:Vista Ultimate 32bit)
    http://find-out-more.brion.me.uk - http://email-me.brion.me.uk

    http://be-referral.brion.me.uk to save up to 64 when joining
    Be Value, Unlimited or Pro http://bethere.co.uk

  8. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Studo wrote:
    > den Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:52:01 +0100, Phil Stovell skrev:

    > http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/8.04/
    >
    > it is the link from http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/804rc

    Loads of peers and seeders for the new release: don't be selfish torrent
    it! the ftp servers must be pretty hard-pressed.

  9. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    den Thu, 24 Apr 2008 13:02:53 +0000, Derek Turner skrev:

    > Studo wrote:
    >> den Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:52:01 +0100, Phil Stovell skrev:

    >> http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/8.04/
    >>
    >> it is the link from http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/804rc
    >>

    > Loads of peers and seeders for the new release: don't be selfish torrent
    > it! the ftp servers must be pretty hard-pressed.

    Doing all i can! Just a little leftover for surfing. But for the next few
    days i can live with it.

  10. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    "Thicko" wrote in message
    > Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >
    > It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    > is not let out soon.

    Yea, don't forget the important stuff, the party. Nitwit

  11. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Thicko wrote:

    > Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >
    > It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    > is not let out soon.

    Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the
    urbuttoo every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL!
    Frank

  12. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Frank wrote:
    > Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >>
    >> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    >> is not let out soon.

    > Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the
    > urbuttoo every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL!
    > Frank

    You mean like the rest of the world does the testing on Vista, XP, and
    every other MS product ever put out?
    Bill Baka

  13. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 12:52:01 +0100, Phil Stovell
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:00:11 +1200, Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:41:45 +0100, Steve
    >> wrote:

    >>>http://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/ubuntu.iso/8.04/

    >> Thanks Steve. Its on the way down now.

    >I started to download it from a link given in the Ubuntu forum. It got to
    >about 7 mins left to go, then restarted for some reason, possibly because
    >the file changed. I'll leave it until it's announced on the home page.

    The checksum on this image does *NOT* match the official ones released
    today.

  14. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:15:29 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the urbuttoo
    > every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL! Frank

    You seem to LOL a lot. I suspect you are a teenager, am I correct?

    --
    Phil Stovell, Hampshire, UK

  15. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Frank wrote:
    > Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >>
    >> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it
    >> is not let out soon.

    > Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the
    > urbuttoo every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL!
    > Frank

    It should be out very soon. Ubuntu is very stable. Windows was never
    released. All the users have a beta copy but their intelligence level
    cannot handle Linux. That is because they go hehehe instead of ha ha ha
    but they also do a ...LOL!. But they are proud to have an IQ at 81.
    That extra 1 allows them to use vista.

  16. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    Phil Stovell illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:15:29 -0700, Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the urbuttoo
    >> every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL! Frank

    > You seem to LOL a lot. I suspect you are a teenager, am I correct?

    He could be a teenager, a middle aged man, a pensioner etc.etc....

    However,,,,it doesn't really matter....the actual word for him is
    _bellend_

    HTH.

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  17. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:15:29 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >>
    >> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it is
    >> not let out soon.

    > Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the
    > urbuttoo every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL! Frank

    At least it's free unlike beta testing Vista. Even Ballmer called it a
    "work in progress". Sucks to be you.

  18. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    measekite, the oem drinking POS idiot wrote:

    hehehe...hey butt-fukker...I've seen those so-called 'photos" you've
    taken...hahaha...LOL!
    I've seen "snaps" taken with an Instamatic by 3 yr old that were much
    better than anything you've ever done.
    Hey, how is that over price oem ink tasting huh?...LOL!
    Loser!
    Frank

  19. Job opening

    Bill Baka wrote:
    > You mean like the rest of the world does the testing on Vista, XP, and
    > every other MS product ever put out?
    > Bill Baka

    Department: Quality Control

    Job title: Customer

    Application: [a href="EULA"]click here[/a]

    Application fee: MRSP

    --
    Wes Groleau

    Trying to be happy is like trying to build a machine for which
    the only specification is that it should run noiselessly.
    -- unknown

  20. Re: Where is Ubuntu 8.04?

    On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:15:29 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > Thicko wrote:
    >
    >> Thought 8.04 was to be let loose today. Anyone seen it yet?
    >>
    >> It will be out too late for all those parties around the world if it is
    >> not let out soon.

    > Who gives a ****. Just wait six months and you too can be one the
    > urbuttoo every-six-months-beta-testing-merry-go-round...LOL! Frank

    Guess the pan kill file is once per news group. Oh well, adding Frank to
    the kill file.

    Ubuntu, just got the compiz cube thing working, my is it fast. Looks
    like Ubuntu and Compiz developers are again setting new standards for
    Microsoft.

    Frank, I will not see your reply (killfiled) but perhaps you can explain
    why Vista's alpha program seems onging to Win7? And how all the Vista
    users are really now MS-QA associates?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast