Need an audio player - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Need an audio player - Ubuntu ; I need an audio player that can play pretty much any kind of sound file and have hotkey support so you can assign a hotkey to a sound so when you hit that key, it plays that sound sample. I've ...

  1. Need an audio player

    I need an audio player that can play pretty much any kind of sound file
    and have hotkey support so you can assign a hotkey to a sound so when
    you hit that key, it plays that sound sample. I've found a program like
    that for Windows called combiwave. Is there anything like that program
    for Ubuntu?

  2. Re: Need an audio player

    Milt wrote:

    >I need an audio player that can play pretty much any kind of sound file
    >and have hotkey support so you can assign a hotkey to a sound so when
    >you hit that key, it plays that sound sample. I've found a program like
    >that for Windows called combiwave. Is there anything like that program
    >for Ubuntu?

    have u tried looking the repositories?

    My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect me coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy explaining how. :0

    http://www.usenet.com

  3. Re: Need an audio player

    nowshining illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    > My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect
    > me coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing
    > usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy
    > explaining how. :0

    I'm good to you...check out
    http://news.motazarella.org

    --
    Moog

    "They came for Dani Behr. I said, 'she's over there. Behind the
    wardrobe'"

  4. Re: Need an audio player

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 07:07:10 +0000, Moog wrote:
    >
    >> nowshining illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >>

    >>> My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect
    >>> me coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing
    >>> usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy
    >>> explaining how. :0

    >> I'm good to you...check out
    >> http://news.motazarella.org

    > Will that fix his line wrap problem? :-)

    One step at a time Trevor. ;-)

    --
    Moog

    "They came for Dani Behr. I said, 'she's over there. Behind the
    wardrobe'"

  5. Re: Need an audio player

    On 2008-04-20, nowshining wrote:

    > My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect me
    > coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing
    > usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy
    > explaining how. :0

    The pressure is on with that deadline ....... :-)

    But seriously if you wanted to spend only 10 you could have access to
    a well setup, well filtered news server: indiviual.net. I have used
    them for some time now and rarely had a problem.

    Andrew

    --
    http://www.andrews-corner.org

  6. Re: Need an audio player

    Moog wrote:

    > nowshining illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >> My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect
    >> me coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing
    >> usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy
    >> explaining how. :0

    > I'm good to you...check out
    > http://news.motazarella.org

    It's news.motzarella.org. Try http://www.motzarella.org for full
    instructions.

  7. Re: Need an audio player

    White Spirit illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > Moog wrote:
    >
    >> nowshining illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> My account is to expire on usenet (7-day trial0 so don't expect
    >>> me coming back unless u can direct me to how to set-up accessing
    >>> usenets for FREE - if so send me an email at my email addy
    >>> explaining how. :0

    >> I'm good to you...check out
    >> http://news.motazarella.org

    > It's news.motzarella.org. Try http://www.motzarella.org for full
    > instructions.

    Quite. Bloody fat fingers.

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week and reckoned he should have had a throw in"

  8. Re: Need an audio player

    Moog wrote:
    > White Spirit illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    >
    >> Moog wrote:
    >>

    >>> nowshining illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:

    >>> I'm good to you...check out
    >>> http://news.motazarella.org
    >>>

    >> It's news.motzarella.org. Try http://www.motzarella.org for full
    >> instructions.
    >>

    > Quite. Bloody fat fingers.

    No, it's from your gooey fingers caused by eating cheesy pizza at the
    keyboard, eh. ;-)

    --
    John

  9. Re: Need an audio player

    Trevor Best illuminated alt.os.linux.ubuntu by typing:
    > On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:23:15 +0000, John F. Morse wrote:
    >
    >>> Quite. Bloody fat fingers.

    >> No, it's from your gooey fingers caused by eating cheesy pizza at the
    >> keyboard, eh. ;-)

    > How do you think he got the fat finger? ;-)

    I dropped a cheesy pizza on it?

    --
    Moog

    "The G is for the gnarled face of someone who's on ninety thousand
    pounds a week who reckoned he should have had a throw in"

+ Reply to Thread