Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:32:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote: > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw1/ > > [quote] > Linux hardware stability guide, Part 1 Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and counting of people with ...

  1. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:32:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw1/
    >
    > [quote]
    > Linux hardware stability guide, Part 1

    Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and counting
    of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution in site.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:32:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw1/
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Linux hardware stability guide, Part 1

    > Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and
    > counting of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution
    > in site.

    Make Linux bullet-proof; encase your setup in perspex - Now there's an
    interesting case-mod.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  3. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:32:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw1/
    >>
    >> [quote]
    >> Linux hardware stability guide, Part 1

    >Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and counting
    >of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution in site.

    What version of Ubuntu are you using?

    I installed Ubuntu 7 in about 20 minutes, 2 months ago and is hasn't
    locked/froze or crashed yet.

  4. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    thetruthhurts @homail.com writes:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:32:25 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-hw1/
    >>>
    >>> [quote]
    >>> Linux hardware stability guide, Part 1

    >>Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and counting
    >>of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution in site.

    > What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    >
    > I installed Ubuntu 7 in about 20 minutes, 2 months ago and is hasn't
    > locked/froze or crashed yet.

    What part of "65+ pages" confuses you so?

    When will you people understand - it's not about YOU. It's about other
    people and perception. All this "works for me" in the face of so many
    other people having issues marks you out as a liar OR your needs are so
    minimal that you do not stress the install in any way.

    I'm a committed Debian user but its far from bug free - how could it be?
    99.999% of the SW on it is the same more or less as the other distros
    having issues.

    --
    Looks like the channel is back to normal
    You mean it's not scrolling faster than anyone can read?

  5. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    On Thursday 17 April 2008 13:56, Hadron wrote:

    > thetruthhurts @homail.com writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and
    >>>counting of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution
    >>>in site.

    >> What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    >>
    >> I installed Ubuntu 7 in about 20 minutes, 2 months ago and is
    >> hasn't
    >> locked/froze or crashed yet.

    > What part of "65+ pages" confuses you so?
    >
    > When will you people understand - it's not about YOU. It's about other
    > people and perception. All this "works for me" in the face of so many
    > other people having issues marks you out as a liar OR your needs are
    > so minimal that you do not stress the install in any way.
    >
    > I'm a committed Debian user but its far from bug free - how could it
    > be? 99.999% of the SW on it is the same more or less as the other
    > distros having issues.

    It's not difficult to spot the Micro$oft propagandists. Just ignoite
    the troll.

    No O/S is going to be 100% bulletproof, but Linux is far better that
    Vista or anything that Micro$ucks ever put out, period!
    --
    Peace,
    Fred

  6. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:56:29 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > thetruthhurts @homail.com writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and
    >>>counting of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution
    >>>in site.

    >> What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    >>
    >> I installed Ubuntu 7 in about 20 minutes, 2 months ago and is hasn't
    >> locked/froze or crashed yet.

    > What part of "65+ pages" confuses you so?

    So go use windows already...

    --
    Stephan
    1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

    君の事思い出す日なんてないのは
    君の事忘れたときがないから

  7. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    > No O/S is going to be 100% bulletproof, but Linux is far better
    > that
    > Vista or anything that Micro$ucks ever put out, period!

    Fred? wrong Fred

    now what?

    Rich

    one wonders, how many bullets have you taken using Linux?

  8. Re: Making Linux Bullet Proof

    On 2008-04-17, Hadron wrote:
    > thetruthhurts @homail.com writes:
    >
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:56:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb
    >> wrote:

    >>>Try posting it in the Ubuntu forums where they have 65+ pages and counting
    >>>of people with Linux freezing and locking up and no solution in site.

    >> What version of Ubuntu are you using?
    >>
    >> I installed Ubuntu 7 in about 20 minutes, 2 months ago and is hasn't
    >> locked/froze or crashed yet.

    > What part of "65+ pages" confuses you so?
    >
    > When will you people understand - it's not about YOU. It's about other

    Well... it's not just about me but it's about a large number of other
    people and CORPORATIONS that run Linux for important work without trouble.

    > people and perception. All this "works for me" in the face of so many
    > other people having issues marks you out as a liar OR your needs are so
    > minimal that you do not stress the install in any way.

    OTOH, some people could just have hardware bad or they could be doing
    something strange and then not telling the nice people that try to help
    them afterwards.

    There was a nice dual audio card situation a while back that you weenies
    were getting all hot and bothered about.

    > I'm a committed Debian user but its far from bug free - how could it be?
    > 99.999% of the SW on it is the same more or less as the other distros
    > having issues.

    Now what's really interesting is when some joker like you says "it can't
    be done" or "it isn't supported" and it's something that one of us is
    doing at that very moment.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \