Re: Linux is pathetic: loose network cable takes it all the way down - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux is pathetic: loose network cable takes it all the way down - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:36:19 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I get random system freezes, but found it was because of my network cable. > Whenever it came loose and lost its connection the system would crash." > > #530 ...

  1. Re: Linux is pathetic: loose network cable takes it all the way down

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:36:19 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I get random system freezes, but found it was because of my network cable.
    > Whenever it came loose and lost its connection the system would crash."
    >
    > #530 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=53

    A common problem like that can bring down the entire OS?
    That's truly pathetic.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Linux is pathetic: loose network cable takes it all the way down

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:36:19 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I get random system freezes, but found it was because of my network cable.
    >> Whenever it came loose and lost its connection the system would crash."
    >>
    >> #530 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=53

    > A common problem like that can bring down the entire OS?
    > That's truly pathetic.

    Indeed. I couldn't believe it when it happened to my Windows 2000 machine.

+ Reply to Thread