Re: Linux: "not cool" - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux: "not cool" - Ubuntu ; On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than this > ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way to ...

  1. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than this
    > ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way to
    > unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >
    > this is not cool"
    >
    > #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable
    >> than this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now
    >> Feisty is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until
    >> this is solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad
    > it makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    I found Gutsy to be more stable: If it wasn't for the install repeatedly
    crashing I'd have it on dual-boot with XP
    ..
    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  3. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >> this
    >> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    > makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon, Mepis
    and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if your
    time has no value!
    --
    Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

  4. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Clogwog" wrote in message
    news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    > "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this
    >>> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >>> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>

    > According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    > Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    > Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    > your time has no value!
    > --
    > Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    > http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and Vista
    issues.

  5. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Canuck57" schreef in bericht

    > "Clogwog" wrote in message
    > news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>>

    >> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    >> Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    >> your time has no value!
    >> --
    >> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    > Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and
    > Vista issues.

    Vista tissues? I only know about Linux tissues, did you see the pic?
    --
    Jou ma eet donkie se bloed poes jou werfetter!

  6. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Clogwog wrote:
    > "Canuck57" schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "Clogwog" wrote in message
    >> news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora
    >>> 7, Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    >>> Sabayon, Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done.
    >>> Linux is free if your time has no value!
    >>> --
    >>> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    >> Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches
    >> and Vista issues.

    > Vista tissues? I only know about Linux tissues, did you see the pic?

    Toilet tissues?

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

  7. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:30:06 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >> this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty
    >> is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is
    >> solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    > When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    > makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    If Linux is so bad, why do you and your family use it?

    --
    Rick

  8. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    Rick wrote:

    >--
    >Rick

    hmmm, Have u tried, um, backing up, formatting and putting a more recent version of Ubuntu on the machine? I suggest waiting about 8-10 more days as Hardy Heron is about to be released and will most likely be to your likeing.

    http://www.usenet.com

  9. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:24:54 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    Nobody except idiots like Schestowitz cares what you say HPT.
    Your constant nymshifting and antics make you a fool.

    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    in 44447 20080416 143006 Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than this
    >> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way to
    >> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>
    >> this is not cool"
    >>
    >> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >
    >--
    >Moshe Goldfarb
    >Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    >Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    >http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    Please explain your obsession with an operating system you don't use.

  11. feed the trolls

    Bob Martin wrote:

    > in 44447 20080416 143006 Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >>On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty
    >>> is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is
    >>> solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >>When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Moshe Goldfarb
    >>Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    >>Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    >>http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    > Please explain your obsession with an operating system you don't use.

    feed the trolls

  12. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "nowshining" wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>--
    >>Rick

    > hmmm, Have u tried, um, backing up, formatting and putting a more recent
    > version of Ubuntu on the machine? I suggest waiting about 8-10 more days
    > as Hardy Heron is about to be released and will most likely be to your
    > likeing.

    Now that's a stupid answer and Hardy has so many problems I wouldn't put it
    on your computer.

  13. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Canuck57" wrote in message

    > "Clogwog" wrote in message
    > news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >>> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>>

    >> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    >> Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    >> Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    >> your time has no value!
    >> --
    >> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    > Funny. One think I like about Linux is less fighting with patches and
    > Vista issues.

    Are you that f*cking stupid? Ubuntu has multiple daily patches. A hell of a
    lot more than Windows has ever had.

  14. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Clogwog" wrote in message
    news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    > "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable than
    >>> this
    >>> ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now Feisty is way
    >>> unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad it
    >> makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.
    >>

    > According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora 7,
    > Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007, Sabayon,
    > Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done. Linux is free if
    > your time has no value!
    > --
    > Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    > http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    :-)

  15. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    "Dr.Hal0nf1r$" wrote in message
    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:31:39 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I'm gettin' ******* tired of this ... ****, windows's more stable
    >>> than this ... I'll seriously consider what OS to run, but as for now
    >>> Feisty is way to unstable ....I think I'm going back to Debian until
    >>> this is solved ...
    >>>
    >>> this is not cool"
    >>>
    >>> #421 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=43

    >> When the number one distribution on the Distrowatch list is this bad
    >> it makes you wonder about the other 599 varieties of Linux.

    > I found Gutsy to be more stable: If it wasn't for the install repeatedly
    > crashing I'd have it on dual-boot with XP
    > .

    Linsux crashing? OMG

  16. Re: Linux: "not cool"

    ysdywmf wrote:
    > "Canuck57" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Clogwog" wrote in message
    >> news:20080416170403.492181C00084@mwinf6206.orange. nl...
    >>> "Moshe Goldfarb" schreef in bericht

    >>> According to the replies in the thread, you have to install, Fedora
    >>> 7, Ubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06, OpenSUSE, kubuntu, PCLinuxOS 2007,
    >>> Sabayon, Mepis and LinuxMint, alternatively to get the work done.
    >>> Linux is free if your time has no value!
    >>> --
    >>> Linux..... isn't that some kind of cheap lavatory tissue?
    >>> http://www.angelfire.com/psy/doctorbill/linux.jpg

    It looks like someone had a similar idea to me.

    --
    http://www.kustomkomputa.co.uk
    - Personalised Desktop Computers

+ Reply to Thread