Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:01:17 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I cannot even upgrade. My ubuntu freezes when trying to install updates > (and just during other random things) and withouth updates it will be more > annoying to upgrade ...

  1. Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:01:17 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I cannot even upgrade. My ubuntu freezes when trying to install updates
    > (and just during other random things) and withouth updates it will be more
    > annoying to upgrade to hardy. Maybe I'll just do a clean install... There's
    > not much in my ubuntu anyways (most is on my external harddisk)"
    >
    > #633 at
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >

    > Various and sundry cola idiots can kiss my tight Windows ass.

    Another quality product brought to you by TeamLinux!
    You go Linux!
    Go girl!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:01:17 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I cannot even upgrade. My ubuntu freezes when trying to install updates
    >> (and just during other random things) and withouth updates it will be
    >> more annoying to upgrade to hardy. Maybe I'll just do a clean install...
    >> There's not much in my ubuntu anyways (most is on my external harddisk)"
    >>
    >> #633 at
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >>

    >> Various and sundry cola idiots can kiss my tight Windows ass.

    > Another quality product brought to you by TeamLinux!
    > You go Linux!
    > Go girl!

    Hmm looks like your into slagging of Ubuntu. What about another Version ?
    SLED10 for example ? or Redhat or Debian?

    We all know UBUNTU has its problems just like Vista. You could say Ubuntu IS
    the Vista in the Linux World.
    --
    Linux - Free not a Virus Spyware or Trojan in sight
    Windowz - Expensive buggy viruses spyware trojans & SLOW

  3. Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates

    Martin Burke writes:

    > Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:01:17 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I cannot even upgrade. My ubuntu freezes when trying to install updates
    >>> (and just during other random things) and withouth updates it will be
    >>> more annoying to upgrade to hardy. Maybe I'll just do a clean install...
    >>> There's not much in my ubuntu anyways (most is on my external harddisk)"
    >>>
    >>> #633 at
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...reezes&page=64
    >>>

    >>> Various and sundry cola idiots can kiss my tight Windows ass.

    >> Another quality product brought to you by TeamLinux!
    >> You go Linux!
    >> Go girl!
    >>

    > Hmm looks like your into slagging of Ubuntu. What about another Version ?
    > SLED10 for example ? or Redhat or Debian?
    >
    > We all know UBUNTU has its problems just like Vista. You could say Ubuntu IS
    > the Vista in the Linux World.

    What a strange reply.

  4. Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:26:28 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Martin Burke writes:
    >
    >> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >>> Another quality product brought to you by TeamLinux!
    >>> You go Linux!
    >>> Go girl!
    >>>

    >> Hmm looks like your into slagging of Ubuntu. What about another Version ?
    >> SLED10 for example ? or Redhat or Debian?
    >>
    >> We all know UBUNTU has its problems just like Vista. You could say Ubuntu IS
    >> the Vista in the Linux World.

    > What a strange reply.

    Judging by the Ubuntu fora which are teaming to the gills with problems, he
    seems to be correct.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: Linux: freezes, fails, frustrates

    in 44275 20080415 135648 Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    >Judging by the Ubuntu fora which are teaming to the gills with problems, he
    >seems to be correct.

    Teaming? Freudian slip or did you mean teeming?

+ Reply to Thread