Re: Linux: almost every app freezes - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux: almost every app freezes - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote: > "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but now > almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes after > ...

  1. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but now
    > almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes after
    > the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily alt+ctrl+backspace
    > works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >
    > #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >

    > Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    You get what you don't pay for.
    Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>
    >> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>

    >> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    > You get what you don't pay for.
    > Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    Not strictly true, look at all the Problems Vista has and you have all had
    to pay for Vista !!

    If you want you can BUY Linux - that entitles you to FREE support from the
    people who produced your flavour of Linux.

    If Linux is so bad why has M$oft gone in with Novell ? who write Suse Linux.

    --
    Linux - Free not a Virus Spyware or Trojan in sight
    Windowz - Expensive buggy viruses spyware trojans & SLOW

  3. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:13:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>
    >> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>

    >> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    > You get what you don't pay for.
    > Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    Since you and your family members use Linux, are you saying your time has
    no value?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Linux: almost every app freezes

    On 2008-04-15, Rick wrote:
    > On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 03:13:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:04 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "...i am getting frequent system freezes at first it was on firefox but
    >>> now almost every app freezes. Most of the time after one or two minutes
    >>> after the freeze the system recovers if left alone and luckily
    >>> alt+ctrl+backspace works for now i want a solution please help..."
    >>>
    >>> #1 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=freezes
    >>>

    >>> Linux: worth exactly what it costs

    >> You get what you don't pay for.
    >> Linux is free only if your time has no value.

    > Since you and your family members use Linux, are you saying your time has
    > no value?

    It takes less time to install Linux than it does to restore from a
    factory installation disk for either Windows or MacOS. Boy you haven't
    seen slow until you restore a Mac (jeez-louise).

    The end result requires less work and exposes a similar interface
    to the captive end user.

    Although my family usually interact with the household Linux boxes
    through a remote control.

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \