Re: [News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: [News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:13:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote: >| I'm hoping that they will try booting the live CD instead and experience the >| joy of Linux Oh they will. It will last about ten minutes and then ...

  1. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:13:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >| I'm hoping that they will try booting the live CD instead and experience the
    >| joy of Linux

    Oh they will.
    It will last about ten minutes and then they will be back to Windows.

    Seeing a free Linux CD is like a *Wet Paint* sign.
    Most people just have to test the waters and then when their fingers are
    covered in fresh paint they get pissed off.
    Or in the context of Linux, when they see how much it sucks, they toss the
    CD in the trash.

    Linux=free=10+ years
    Linux desktop market = 0.6 percent or so.

    Pathetic...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:39:44 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:13:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    >>| I'm hoping that they will try booting the live CD instead and
    >>experience the | joy of Linux

    > Oh they will.
    > It will last about ten minutes and then they will be back to Windows.
    >
    > Seeing a free Linux CD is like a *Wet Paint* sign. Most people just have
    > to test the waters and then when their fingers are covered in fresh
    > paint they get pissed off. Or in the context of Linux, when they see how
    > much it sucks, they toss the CD in the trash.
    >
    > Linux=free=10+ years
    > Linux desktop market = 0.6 percent or so.
    >
    > Pathetic...

    So, if Linux and OSS is so bad, why do you and your family use it?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: [News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book

    "Rick" stated in post
    haOdnabRx405Up7VnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 4/14/08 2:41 PM:

    >>> experience the | joy of Linux

    >> Oh they will.
    >> It will last about ten minutes and then they will be back to Windows.
    >>
    >> Seeing a free Linux CD is like a *Wet Paint* sign. Most people just have
    >> to test the waters and then when their fingers are covered in fresh
    >> paint they get pissed off. Or in the context of Linux, when they see how
    >> much it sucks, they toss the CD in the trash.
    >>
    >> Linux=free=10+ years
    >> Linux desktop market = 0.6 percent or so.
    >>
    >> Pathetic...

    > So, if Linux and OSS is so bad, why do you and your family use it?

    Ah, you are no longer asking why he *lets* his family use it. Good boy!

    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

+ Reply to Thread