Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC..... - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC..... - Ubuntu ; http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...age=1&rqcType= http://tinyurl.com/69nbmp "Question by tracyanne Can the linux operating system be removed and Windows XP be used instead?" Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux. No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of ...

  1. Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...age=1&rqcType=

    http://tinyurl.com/69nbmp

    "Question by tracyanne

    Can the linux operating system be removed and Windows XP be used instead?"

    Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux.
    No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of the desktop market and has for many
    years.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    Micoshaft Fraudster and Asstroturfer Moshe Goldfarb wrote on behalf of half
    wits from Micoshaft Corporation:

    > Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux.
    > No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of the desktop market and has for many
    > years.

    Unlikely - most probably a fake entry by cross dressing
    micoshaft sponsored asstroturfers. Like all other fake entries
    micoshaft asstroturfers are known to get paid to post.

    In any case Linux is a lot bigger than that.
    They are lying about Linux numbers by carefully selecting
    what is marketable - not what you need to hear!

    Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.
    And is worth at least 270 billion dollars annually.

    So you don't need to listen to these asstroturers any more.

    Just log into www.youtube.com and search for ubuntu, virtualbox, compiz
    and you will see why Linux is so far ahead.

    ALL OF THAT SOFTWARE is free to download now!
    You can copy and install on as many machines as you want.
    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

    It comes with source code.
    So that means you can modify and make your own.
    Linux has Game - see nexuiz in action - you won't regret it.
    Linux now has the highest resolution highest frame rate games.
    Make your own levels and add your own features because
    the source code is free.
    For students everywhere, there is xmaxima for example that many
    distros carry. It can solve equations algebraically!!!
    Or use rasmol - it can view molecular models in real time.
    Or use k3d - it can design 3D shapes in real time (once you learn how
    to use 3d modelling techniques - you can draw complete cars and engines
    etc).

  3. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    > Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.
    > And is worth at least 270 billion dollars annually.

    Where did you get this number?

  4. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    > On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    >> Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.
    >> And is worth at least 270 billion dollars annually.

    > Where did you get this number?

    Add all the different Linux markets.
    The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    turnover with open source projects.

  5. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    > Ignoramus30238 wrote:
    >
    >> On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    >>> Linux sells 3 million embedded Linux devices PER DAY.
    >>> And is worth at least 270 billion dollars annually.

    >> Where did you get this number?

    > Add all the different Linux markets.
    > The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    > turnover with open source projects.

    Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

  6. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    > On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    >> Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    >>> Where did you get this number?

    >> Add all the different Linux markets.
    >> The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    >> turnover with open source projects.

    > Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

    Google is your friend if you want to collect all
    the different press releases for last year
    and add them together.

  7. Re: Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    > "Question by tracyanne
    > Can the linux operating system be removed and Windows XP be used instead?"
    > Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux.
    > No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of the desktop market and has for many
    > years.

    ONE clueless user wants to know if they can remove linux and use XP.

    Bear mind that she might be just as anti-Vista as she is pro-XP.

    How does this make linux bad, and not the "current" M$ alternative ?

  8. Re: Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:32:25 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:

    > http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...709001UK+Intel

    +PC+System+%2B+Linux+?productId=30498&page=1&rqcType=

    > http://tinyurl.com/69nbmp
    >

    > "Question by tracyanne
    >
    > Can the linux operating system be removed and Windows XP be used
    > instead?"
    >
    > Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux.
    > No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of the desktop market and has for
    > many years.

    .... and other people ask, can Windows be removed and Linux be used
    instead? Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't
    want Windows.

    .... and why does Linux sit at it low percentage? Overwhelmingly because
    of network effects, inertia and herd mentality.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7

    wrote
    on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:19:48 GMT
    :
    > Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    >>> Add all the different Linux markets.
    >>> The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    >>> turnover with open source projects.

    >> Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

    > Google is your friend if you want to collect all
    > the different press releases for last year
    > and add them together.

    That doesn't quite work, mostly because press releases get
    propagated to multiple news outlets, all of which might
    show up in Google.

    Also, independent reports might be listed multiple times,
    for e.g. a new Vista patch release or an Ubuntu release
    (one notes the release, one evaluates it, a number might
    criticize it, etc.).

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #10239993:
    char * f(char *p) {char *q = malloc(strlen(p)); strcpy(q,p); return q; }

  10. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    On 2008-04-14, 7 wrote:
    > Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    >>> Add all the different Linux markets.
    >>> The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    >>> turnover with open source projects.

    >> Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

    > Google is your friend if you want to collect all the different press
    > releases for last year and add them together.

    Since you have these "numbers", then you must have done all that
    digging for press releases, and adding, right?

    If so, can you share your sources please?

  11. Re: Users Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    "Rick" stated in post
    haOdnaTRx41MU57VnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 4/14/08 2:38 PM:

    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 10:32:25 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/...709001UK+Intel

    > +PC+System+%2B+Linux+?productId=30498&page=1&rqcType=
    >>

    >> http://tinyurl.com/69nbmp
    >>

    >> "Question by tracyanne
    >>
    >> Can the linux operating system be removed and Windows XP be used
    >> instead?"
    >>
    >> Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't want Linux.
    >> No wonder Linux sits at 0.6 percent of the desktop market and has for
    >> many years.

    > ... and other people ask, can Windows be removed and Linux be used
    >
    > instead? Once again the users have spoken and they sure as hell don't
    > want Windows.
    >
    > ... and why does Linux sit at it low percentage? Overwhelmingly because
    >
    > of network effects, inertia and herd mentality.

    You are so cute when you spew your unsupported mantra.

    --
    Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat wondering what the world would be
    like if the Lamarckian view of evolution had ended up being accepted

  12. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:19:48 GMT
    > :
    >> Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    >>> Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

    >> Google is your friend if you want to collect all
    >> the different press releases for last year
    >> and add them together.
    >>

    > That doesn't quite work, mostly because press releases get
    > propagated to multiple news outlets, all of which might
    > show up in Google.
    >
    > Also, independent reports might be listed multiple times,
    > for e.g. a new Vista patch release or an Ubuntu release
    > (one notes the release, one evaluates it, a number might
    > criticize it, etc.).

    Thats why you would have to be vigilant and subtract as well as add
    and show the links of your sources so that it can be independently
    verifiable.
    I haven't the time/resources to be patient collector of valuable info.
    But I'm sure some decent companies/persons can do the job.

  13. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7

    wrote
    on Tue, 15 Apr 2008 18:35:31 GMT
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, 7
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:19:48 GMT
    >> :

    >>> Google is your friend if you want to collect all
    >>> the different press releases for last year
    >>> and add them together.
    >>>

    >> That doesn't quite work, mostly because press releases get
    >> propagated to multiple news outlets, all of which might
    >> show up in Google.
    >>
    >> Also, independent reports might be listed multiple times,
    >> for e.g. a new Vista patch release or an Ubuntu release
    >> (one notes the release, one evaluates it, a number might
    >> criticize it, etc.).

    > Thats why you would have to be vigilant and subtract as well as add
    > and show the links of your sources so that it can be independently
    > verifiable.
    > I haven't the time/resources to be patient collector of valuable info.
    > But I'm sure some decent companies/persons can do the job.

    Then one's entered the trust trade. Which companies does one trust
    for the job?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.

  14. Re: Asstroturfers Demand Windows on Aria Linux PC.....

    7 wrote:
    > Ignoramus30238 wrote:

    >>> Add all the different Linux markets.
    >>> The total is a lot bigger than that because EU alone is 270 billion+
    >>> turnover with open source projects.

    >> Yes, so where exactly did you get this number?

    > Google is your friend if you want to collect all
    > the different press releases for last year
    > and add them together.

    Since you've already done the work, it would be a big help to everybody
    to see the specific facts.

+ Reply to Thread