Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened - Ubuntu ; On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:38:25 -0400, DFS wrote: > "I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It crashes often when I was > opening tabs in iceweasel or have more than 4-5 applications started. > I tried severeal ...

  1. Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:38:25 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It crashes often when I was
    > opening tabs in iceweasel or have more than 4-5 applications started.
    > I tried severeal bott-options e.g. nosmp and more, but that does not change
    > the situation.
    >
    > Also tried to install kernel with spt-get, smxi and also installed the .24
    > kernel from sid...
    >
    > Couldn't find any reasons why my system always gets panic, hmm."
    >
    > http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-...t-freezes.html

    I thought Linux kernel panics were rare?
    This guy must have dont something wrong during the install.

    You know the install that the Linux loons say takes 10 minutes and
    answering 5 or so questions.
    He must have somehow screwed that up.
    It can't possibly be Linux.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb

    wrote
    on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:32:15 -0400
    :
    > On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:38:25 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It crashes often when I was
    >> opening tabs in iceweasel or have more than 4-5 applications started.
    >> I tried severeal bott-options e.g. nosmp and more, but that does not change
    >> the situation.
    >>
    >> Also tried to install kernel with spt-get, smxi and also installed the .24
    >> kernel from sid...
    >>
    >> Couldn't find any reasons why my system always gets panic, hmm."
    >>
    >> http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-...t-freezes.html

    > I thought Linux kernel panics were rare?
    > This guy must have dont something wrong during the install.

    He did. He didn't use Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
    That will fix everything.

    (For a price.)

    > You know the install that the Linux loons say takes 10 minutes and
    > answering 5 or so questions.
    > He must have somehow screwed that up.
    > It can't possibly be Linux.

    Oh, it's Linux all right. That's why you're replying to it.
    Were it FreeBSD you'd not care at all.

    :-P

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C/C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
    void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }

  3. Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 apps opened

    On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:26:37 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
    >
    > wrote
    > on Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:32:15 -0400
    > :
    >> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:38:25 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I always get a kernel-panic after 5-10 minutes. It crashes often when I was
    >>> opening tabs in iceweasel or have more than 4-5 applications started.
    >>> I tried severeal bott-options e.g. nosmp and more, but that does not change
    >>> the situation.
    >>>
    >>> Also tried to install kernel with spt-get, smxi and also installed the .24
    >>> kernel from sid...
    >>>
    >>> Couldn't find any reasons why my system always gets panic, hmm."
    >>>
    >>> http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-...t-freezes.html

    >> I thought Linux kernel panics were rare?
    >> This guy must have dont something wrong during the install.

    > He did. He didn't use Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
    > That will fix everything.
    >
    > (For a price.)
    >

    >> You know the install that the Linux loons say takes 10 minutes and
    >> answering 5 or so questions.
    >> He must have somehow screwed that up.
    >> It can't possibly be Linux.
    >>

    > Oh, it's Linux all right. That's why you're replying to it.
    > Were it FreeBSD you'd not care at all.

    That's correct.
    Why?
    FreeBSD has a community composed of mostly normal people.
    Linux (COLA) has a community composed of idiots, paid spammers, stalkers,
    weirdos, oddballs, nutjobs and paranoid maniacs.

    And that's just Roy Schestowitz!!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: Linux: kernel panics after 5-10 minutes, crashes when 4-5 appsopened

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062

+ Reply to Thread