D'oh! Application launcher - Ubuntu

This is a discussion on D'oh! Application launcher - Ubuntu ; I've removed the Application launcher from my desktop. How do I get it back? :-/ No, I didn't do it on purpose. TIA...

  1. D'oh! Application launcher

    I've removed the Application launcher from my desktop. How do I get it
    back? :-/

    No, I didn't do it on purpose.

    TIA

  2. Re: D'oh! Application launcher

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:07:36 +0100
    "Cork Soaker" wrote:

    > I've removed the Application launcher from my desktop. How do I get
    > it back? :-/
    >
    > No, I didn't do it on purpose.
    >
    > TIA

    If you're referring to the "Applications" menu button on the left side
    of the top panel, right click on a blank part of the panel and select
    "+ Add To Panel". In the resultant window, scroll down to Utilities and
    double-click on the "Main Menu" icon. Now there should be a launcher to
    access your applications. Adjust its position to suit your needs.

    If something else is wrong, please elaborate.

  3. Re: D'oh! Application launcher

    Cork Soaker wrote:
    > I've removed the Application launcher from my desktop. How do I get
    > it back? :-/

    Well, let me think about how many different kinds of application
    launchers there are for how many different kinds of operating systems.

    And, they have different names depending upon the operating system and
    the desktop environment.

    You are posting here with a MS Win newsreader. Here's a page of scores
    of application launchers for windows
    http://www.programurl.com/software/a...n-launcher.htm Application
    Launcher Software

    --
    Mike Easter

  4. Re: D'oh! Application launcher

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Well, let me think about how many different kinds of application
    > launchers there are for how many different kinds of operating systems.

    Oops. I tho't I was in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, not a.o.l.u and my
    confusion wasn't helped any by the OE newsreader condition of the OP.

    --
    Mike Easter

+ Reply to Thread